PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Please help me

bryanmedina
16-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Hello, I joined this website today. I was wondering if I could be welcomed by receiving help on how to play downloaded xbox 360 games. I don't know how to flash my xbox 360 or mod it. I would like someone to help me. I would like someone to help me step by step as I would be very thankful. Please respond as soon as possible. thank you
Bryan

billy8791
16-02-2010, 09:54 PM
ok mate
first, of all congrats on your first post.
second, welcome to WOD
third, check the forums first to see if there is any help for you in the sticky's.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. try this link, download the file, read the e-book and good luck mate

bryanmedina
16-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks billy, but I don't trust the guides or any of that I was was looking for like someone to help me step by step that has experience with modding or flashing an xbox 360.

tinkertiler
16-02-2010, 10:20 PM
If you follow the guides you will be fine and as long as you get the key from your dvd drive before you do anything then if anything goes wrong it is possible to sort it out.

billy8791
16-02-2010, 10:20 PM
serious mate if you can't trust ppl's comments and suggestions on any forum then you should consider getting it chipped by a pro.

however everybody has to learn and learn through places like this.

does they saying practice makes perfect spring to mind?

we were all beginners at one point and it was places like this that made us more advanced in the things we can do today.

thesparky
16-02-2010, 10:46 PM
very easy step by step guides, ive modded 4 xboxs using them and its very easy, the hardest part is opening the box lol

you can buy a tool to do the job for a couple of quid,

one word of warning from me, if you intend to use it online after the mod dont expect it to last very long, once a box is modded it should realy only be used offline, as MS can corrupt the hard drive

get the latest guide and read it 6 times at least, it is step by step but not in order so use the links in the guide

it basicly is open the xbox,

find the type of drive

remove the drive and connect it to your pc (so you do need a sata connection or maybe a pci sata card)

read the drive key and save it 3 time somewhere safe, maybe email it to yourself, save it to disc and save it on your hdd

use the softeware to open the drive and write a modded firmware to it with your drive key

replace the drive and play,

(trust the guides as if there posted here there fine)

if your still unsure ask if a tutorial or guide is good and once you know the type of drive you have post here and we can tell you what firmware to use and if any other tools are needed

JungleFlasher 0.1.70(86) is the latest program

http://jungleflasher.net/files/JungleFlasher.0.1.70.Beta.rar

latest guide is as posted above, JungleFlasher v0.1.66

thesparky
16-02-2010, 11:11 PM
just for the record,

Latest Firmware

LiteOn: iXtreme LT

BenQ: iXtreme 1.61

Hitachi: iXtreme 1.51

Samsung: iXtreme 1.61

as to date

Diablo13
16-02-2010, 11:50 PM
People Bryan is only 14 and I don't think he should try to flash his box himself yet, because if he gets a bad flash it will ruin it for him?
I know we prefer people to learn for themselves, but even experienced people make mistakes, the difference is they can then fix it again afterwards!
No disrespect meant to Bryan in any way, I'm just trying to protect his interests, so he doesn't run before he can walk.
Once his 360 is flashed we can teach him how to burn his games to disks.
Then if it goes wrong while he is learning he will only have wasted a disk. :-?

bryanmedina
17-02-2010, 04:44 AM
Hello, thank you everybody for your information. I pulled off the plate on the dvd drive area and I saw 2 white wires so I am guessing I have a benq. So, any suggestions on how to deal with this drive? Thank you for any help you provide.
Bryan

mikie8
18-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Hello, thank you everybody for your information. I pulled off the plate on the dvd drive area and I saw 2 white wires so I am guessing I have a benq. So, any suggestions on how to deal with this drive? Thank you for any help you provide.
Bryan

download the latest jungle flasher tutorial and follow it step by step , double or even treble check you have the right dvd key before you prceed with the erase .

there many ways to do the dvd drives but the jungle flasher is by far the clearest step by step guide .

good luck

bryanmedina
19-02-2010, 03:08 AM
Thank you everybody that are trying to help me. I will look at the tutorial but, I wont attempt it because I am not sure if I can do it. Thank you

Diablo13
19-02-2010, 04:35 AM
I'm glad to hear that you won't try it yourself bryan, it is not so simple to do. You have to take the case apart completely to start with and then the drive out of it, and that's just the start!
I hope you can find someone locally to do it for you.
You could try looking in the small ads in your local paper for someone to do it?
Or you could ask your dad if he knows anyone, maybe he could ask around for you?
A small independent computer shop might be able to help you, or at least point you in the right direction, but DON'T go in to PC World or a big National store to ask about it!
I hope that helps you a bit?

bryanmedina
19-02-2010, 04:43 AM
Well, I don't think I will go ask for help in ads or anything since I never have but, thanks anyways. I guess the only way is by me doing it or someone else but I don't know.

Diablo13
19-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Sorry I didn't mean for you to ask in your local paper, but if you look at the small advertisements, someone may be advertising that they do Xboxe's.
Then you could phone them up.

tinkertiler
19-02-2010, 09:52 AM
The best Advert to be looking for is someone who is doing Xbox repairs as im sure they will sort it for you if you ask them

billy8791
19-02-2010, 09:55 AM
ok bryan hope this helps.
i live in yorkshire and there is a bloke i know called chris who chips wii's and flash xbox 360.
Wii Chip | Wii Modchips | Nintendo Ds Chip | Xbox 360 Modchips | Xbox 360 Ixtreme (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. you can also post your xbox too him with a postal order or cheque.
he will flsh you it and send it back recorded delivery.
if you live in yorkshire you can take it to him he lives in leeds.
hope it helps mate

p.s if you do get it done by him mention you have been speaking to Will at coral windows (aka billy8791)
he may give you abit of discount as i always pass alot of business his way lol

billy8791
19-02-2010, 10:29 AM
ok just had a word with chris for you and the price is as follows.
?30 for full xbox flash
however if the console is less than 6 months old there is a good chance it has an unhackable key installed, which he said he can bypass and will cost ?35 for the flash.
hope it helps mate

bryanmedina
19-02-2010, 08:42 PM
ok just had a word with chris for you and the price is as follows.
?30 for full xbox flash
however if the console is less than 6 months old there is a good chance it has an unhackable key installed, which he said he can bypass and will cost ?35 for the flash.
hope it helps mate
Well, I live in the usa. So where is yorkshire? thanks and how much is ?30 in USD.

bryanmedina
19-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I thank you all for your concerns but, I think I will try it now but, I don't know if my computer even has a sata cord or whatever it's called or where it is located. I would like some help.

bryanmedina
20-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey. I read the tutorial and I think I can do it since it seems pretty simple for the benq. Only one thing I would like you to help me with. Well, I ran the jungleflasher on my computer without connecting any sata or anything but, I found out I have some sort of internal sata in my pc. I would like to know how I find it because I opened my pc and there are a lot of cables. Another thing, so I have to take out my xbox drive and connect it to my pc's internal sata? Thanks a lot please respond fast I want to do it today. Thanks
Bryan

thesparky
20-02-2010, 08:10 PM
look for a red flat lead, it will connect your hard drive to the motherboard, sata1 next to that will be the second or secondary sata port sata2, you use that port to connect to the 360 drive, not all motherboards are compatable so you might have to buy a pci sata,

something like THIS (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-Port-SATA-Serial-IDE-ATA-RAID-Controller-PCI-Card-UK_W0QQitemZ280414578300QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Comp uting_ComputerComponents_InterfaceCards?hash=item4 14a02e67c)

bryanmedina
20-02-2010, 08:27 PM
look for a red flat lead, it will connect your hard drive to the motherboard, sata1 next to that will be the second or secondary sata port sata2, you use that port to connect to the 360 drive, not all motherboards are compatable so you might have to buy a pci sata,

something like THIS (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-Port-SATA-Serial-IDE-ATA-RAID-Controller-PCI-Card-UK_W0QQitemZ280414578300QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Comp uting_ComputerComponents_InterfaceCards?hash=item4 14a02e67c)

I looked inside I don't have that but I dont need a pci sata card because I have sata both ports, IDE and SATA. ??

bryanmedina
20-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Here
look

bryanmedina
20-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Theres no sata cables/connections in there that I can see bryan m8 so you will need to get a pci sata card sorry.

Also while you have the side off give it a dusting m8 :trustme:

jungleflasher detects I have both a sata and a IDE so where is it? I know its in there.

bryanmedina
20-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Ok here, I have a standard dual channel pci ide controller and jungleflasher says it is a SATA type so where is it inside my pc? It must be in there. Please help me I am desperate I have been for the past days. Be kind enough and help me.

thesparky
20-02-2010, 09:54 PM
the long and the short of it is your board doesnt have a sata connection regardless of what jungleflash says its a pci sata card or shop

Diablo13
20-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Bryan, please listen very carefully.
I have wanted to support you from the start. I have watched your conversation in the shoutbox with thesparky and he tried to help you as much as he could. The moderators actually gave you a LOT of leeway in the shoutbox as it is not meant to be used for your kind of help and technical discussion AT ALL!
Now here are some hard facts, which you may not like but they are the TRUTH.
You will NOT be able to flash your 360 with that old pc you have!
You say you read and understood the tutorials, but obviously you didn't because you didn't know what a S/ATA connection was!
YOU will NOT be able to flash your Xbox 360 YOURSELF. No matter how many people you ask, you do not know enough to be able to do it sucessfully. The only thing you will succeed in doing is ruining your 360 so it no longer plays anything!
Sorry to sound so hard but those are the facts, accept them!
There are only 2 things you can do;
Take it to a shop and they will do it properly for you. They will not put a virus on it or anything like that because as proffessional people it is their job, which they need to earn a living at!
The second thing is to leave it alone, because you now have a working X box which you can play on, which has to be better than having NOTHING to play on.
You are not allowed to modify an Xbox in ANY way LEGALLY to play copied games, it is called PIRACY and you could go to PRISON for it!

The best thing for you is to look in the bargain bins of your local games shops for cheap games. There must be hundreds of sports games for maybe $5.
I say this to you as a friend, so that you can still enjoy your Xbox as it is and without getting into trouble! :trustme:
OK bryan?

bryanmedina
20-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Bryan, please listen very carefully.
I have wanted to support you from the start. I have watched your conversation in the shoutbox with thesparky and he tried to help you as much as he could. The moderators actually gave you a LOT of leeway in the shoutbox as it is not meant to be used for your kind of help and technical discussion AT ALL!
Now here are some hard facts, which you may not like but they are the TRUTH.
You will NOT be able to flash your 360 with that old pc you have!
You say you read and understood the tutorials, but obviously you didn't because you didn't know what a S/ATA connection was!
YOU will NOT be able to flash your Xbox 360 YOURSELF. No matter how many people you ask, you do not know enough to be able to do it sucessfully. The only thing you will succeed in doing is ruining your 360 so it no longer plays anything!
Sorry to sound so hard but those are the facts, accept them!
There are only 2 things you can do;
Take it to a shop and they will do it properly for you. They will not put a virus on it or anything like that because as proffessional people it is their job, which they need to earn a living at!
The second thing is to leave it alone, because you now have a working X box which you can play on, which has to be better than having NOTHING to play on.
You are not allowed to modify an Xbox in ANY way LEGALLY to play copied games, it is called PIRACY and you could go to PRISON for it!

The best thing for you is to look in the bargain bins of your local games shops for cheap games. There must be hundreds of sports games for maybe $5.
I say this to you as a friend, so that you can still enjoy your Xbox as it is and without getting into trouble! :trustme:
OK bryan?

thanks a lot. I understand but, the 5 dollar games are old
I wanted to flash so i can play nba 2k10 tennis games you know..new games i didnt mean any harm i just wasted my time. thanks anyways

fergalsworld
20-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Google is your friend this is what it will look like if there is one in there which i doubt
it might be hiding behind all the wires by the hard drive or under the mountain of dust thats in there lol
PLEASE unplug the pc from the mains/electric before you go poking around in there as world of digital cannot be held responsible if you fry yourself
sata motherboard connection - Google Search (http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=sata%20motherboard%20connection&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi)

bryanmedina
20-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Google is your friend this is what it will look like if there is one in there which i doubt
it might be hiding behind all the wires by the hard drive or under the mountain of dust thats in there lol
PLEASE unplug the pc from the mains/electric before you go poking around in there as world of digital cannot be held responsible if you fry yourself
sata motherboard connection - Google Search (http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=sata%20motherboard%20connection&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi)

just somebody send me a pci sata card i have been here for 5 hours please. I will be very thankful. Please I want to play.

Diablo13
20-02-2010, 11:01 PM
thanks a lot. I understand but, the 5 dollar games are old
I wanted to flash so i can play nba 2k10 tennis games you know..new games i didnt mean any harm i just wasted my time. thanks anyways

I know you didn't mean any harm m8 and no one minds you asking, but sometimes it is just not possible to do as you ask. None of us can do or have everything we want, that's just the way life is, no one ever said it was fair!
You say the cheap games are old, but they are new to you if you have never played them before?
If you save up a bit you should soon be able to buy a used copy of nba 2k10 because there are so many games coming out people soon get bored and trade in their old games to get the newer ones. You should be able to buy at least 2 used games for the price of 1 new one?
If you have to save up for a game, you should enjoy it all the more and treasure it because YOU have bought it yourself?
Good luck Bryan. :thumbup2:

P.S. You should REALLY stop asking about a Pci sata card now! IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
It would still not help you if you got one! If you want to play, go and play what you have on your working 360, before people get annoyed with you because you are not acting your age, but like a baby who wants all the time!

fergalsworld
20-02-2010, 11:10 PM
just somebody send me a pci sata card i have been here for 5 hours please. I will be very thankful. Please I want to play.
Dont be so cheeky:)] just go and buy one
if you carry on with replys like that i will glady send you on holiday you cheeky whipper snapper.

bryanmedina
21-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Dont be so cheeky:)] just go and buy one
if you carry on with replys like that i will glady send you on holiday you cheeky whipper snapper.
I am sorry. But would you really?

bryanmedina
21-02-2010, 12:20 AM
I know you didn't mean any harm m8 and no one minds you asking, but sometimes it is just not possible to do as you ask. None of us can do or have everything we want, that's just the way life is, no one ever said it was fair!
You say the cheap games are old, but they are new to you if you have never played them before?
If you save up a bit you should soon be able to buy a used copy of nba 2k10 because there are so many games coming out people soon get bored and trade in their old games to get the newer ones. You should be able to buy at least 2 used games for the price of 1 new one?
If you have to save up for a game, you should enjoy it all the more and treasure it because YOU have bought it yourself?
Good luck Bryan. :thumbup2:

P.S. You should REALLY stop asking about a Pci sata card now! IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
It would still not help you if you got one! If you want to play, go and play what you have on your working 360, before people get annoyed with you because you are not acting your age, but like a baby who wants all the time!

im 14 but i know i have been immature. Sorry for the trouble. and thank you for your help.