PDA

View Full Version : how can i tell if talkback has been cut on pace 1000 ?

garry35
20-07-2006, 01:56 AM
i have a pace 1000 which was given to my by a m8 who bought it in a working condition, about a week ago it stopped working and after booting its stuck on channel zero. before this happened he said the middle led (which i have been told was talkback led indicator) was only flashing occasionally and even then only for a short time. does this mean talkback hasnt been cut or somethong else ?

2tone
20-07-2006, 07:28 AM
as you cant get it working at the min you wont be able to hit the red button so in eng menu it will tell you i think that it not talking to cc as for getting chan 0 you could check the tunner were the cable feed go's in seen a friends there were it was loss and he moved the box came apart in side it had to soilder it thats makeing sure that your cable feed is ok also what errors do you get in the eng menu

garry35
20-07-2006, 08:23 AM
i have also got a eurovox max and it works perfectly on the same cable feed. my reason for thinkin talkback was still on is that the middle led on the box only occasionally flashes, i have read that when talkback is turned off the middle led constantly flashes.but it only flashes at random times and i was able to book and view video on demand. i am absolutely certain it was VOD cos it said video on demand on the PPV menu and u can pick start times.

i forgot to mention i just after booting the box searches and after about 30 secs it says cant find any channels and check cables etc...

if its any help i can post pics of the engineers menu, just tell which screens to take pics of....

thanks for everybodys help :)

bammy
20-07-2006, 02:39 PM
If it's stuck on channel 0 it could be that your battery is low and you've lost the netid - check at the top of page 2 in the engineers menu.

Sounds like your tb is cut - it's only supposed to flash intermittently, if it isn't cut the the middle led will not flash at all but stay lit.

Your description of VOD is the old system (i.e. the film starts at predetermined times, n ot like filmflex where you start it whenever you like)