PDA

View Full Version : drive key

phattsambo
29-01-2010, 03:09 PM
hi looking for some info on the new drive key , bought 5 , i have tryed to install on 3 diff wii's 1 worked the other 2 dont they show unable to load disc with original and back up copys ,the only diff ,that i can c is the serial no's the 1 that worked the last no- in the box at the end of the serial is 2 , the 2 that didnt work the last no in the box is 9 , i tryed 3 diff chips in the 2 wii's that wont work and no joy ? also the 2 that dont work have the clip on the drive ,????
any one know why they dont go ?????????????ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

saffronfox
31-01-2010, 04:02 AM
had a good look round for an answer to your problem but found next to note, thing i did see was alot of ppl moaning about faluty drivekeys and the genral answer they got was that an early batch of drive keys put on sale were faulty, so i would say test all 5 on the wii that would play backups first to test its not the key its self.

one other thing, why not just soft mod the wii's? costs next to nothing and ouite easy to do.

phattsambo
31-01-2010, 05:14 PM
thought about soft mod, but abit thick , dont want to brick it as its ma step daughters and ma mate' that r no working but i will try the other chips in a wii that worked n c what the result iz , have heard that the keys where faulty but to get 3 out of 5 iz a bit unusual but not imposible so thanx for the input , cheerz sam

saffronfox
31-01-2010, 07:06 PM
well if you do go for the softmod option make sure you install Bootmii, Preloader, and Indiana Pwns.
Make a nand backup, and keep a copy of your nand and keys in a safe place.
Trucha patch your system ios
Remove stubbed ios versions

These will help you recover from bricks should it happen, tho i never bricked one yet and i try just about anything with mine lol.

as well as that theirs loads of ppl who will help you out here.

phattsambo
31-01-2010, 10:49 PM
sounds easy enough,but then my 2 fav tools r screwdriver and a hammer,(ha ha ) i will try the chips n let u know how i go cheerz for the info , thanx sam.