PDA

View Full Version : How to tell a nagra 3 card, the difference ?

BraveHeart
25-01-2010, 02:14 AM
is there a way to check an original virgin card to see if its the new nagra 3 card or not ?
You know like by either physically looking at it or details on the menus screen etc ?

BraveHeart
25-01-2010, 02:34 AM
forget that last question, just spoke to someone who knows the score.

seemingly everyone is getting they'r knickers in a twist for nuffin with this nagra3.

Nagra 1 & 2 is current, and only way you will see nagra 3 is with brand new HD boxs just being manfactured at present, and even at that the chances are if your buying an HD box it will more than likley be nagra 2 or 1 unless you were really unlucky.

I'm just passing this info on from someone I know who knows the score, not my own info.:thumbup2:

(i guess its just like the old story ive always said, they will need to send a new box and matching card to everyone to get nagra3 fully working, and they dont have the money to do that, so no sense in even thinking about it for yonks yet)

Diablo13
25-01-2010, 04:01 AM
I think your being optimistic m8.
If you think they won't use Nagra 3 or can't afford it, you might as well believe your cats will just disappear on their own! :p

BraveHeart
25-01-2010, 04:08 AM
I think your being optimistic m8.
If you think they won't use Nagra 3 or can't afford it, you might as well believe your cats will just disappear on their own! :p

lol.

nah, nagra3 is ready and waiting and may well be even operating in some equipment in some areas of uk (although i would need to see it with my own eyes to believe it, not scaremongering in forums).

as far as i heard, theres no worries for now unless you have or get a brand new HD box and mosc card, and even at that it will more than likley still be using nagra 1 or 2. (unless your unlucky)

turner123
25-01-2010, 08:19 AM
what about the boxes in the leeds and yorkshire area? they are getting new cards sent to them and there dodge boxes are off......well respected ppl on the forum community have reported it and even posted pics of the card and if they dont insert it the channels go off until they do....this is real and it will/is happen/happening

just look at your modem ffs lol.....i said it wont last.....looks like your cats are staying with u pmsl....@diablo i liked that was funny

BraveHeart
25-01-2010, 09:32 PM
what about the boxes in the leeds and yorkshire area? they are getting new cards sent to them and there dodge boxes are off......well respected ppl on the forum community have reported it and even posted pics of the card and if they dont insert it the channels go off until they do....this is real and it will/is happen/happening
just look at your modem ffs lol.....i said it wont last.....looks like your cats are staying with u pmsl....@diablo i liked that was funny

only going by what a mate told me mate, thats all, this is his own words quote "the biggest majority of uneducated muppets on different forums etc do not even know what they are talking about when it comes to Nagra 3, nagra 1&2 is in place for now and for the foreseable future until new manufactured HD box's and the likes become mainstream, but even at that people buying new box's just now will most likley have nagra 1 or 2 encryption (unless the person was very unlucky), do not worry about mate, not at least for a long time yet".

Those were his words (or words to that effect), this is a guy who is an electronics engineer to trade, he owns his own company doing such work and has been doing ntl boxs and modems since ntl 1st started off away back in the old days, he doesnt just "do" boxs, he loves nothing better than rebuilding things from scratch, complete motherboards and everything, hes right into it and has Kit that would blow your mind.

Anyway, enough about him, I was only passing on info from a normally 100% spot on source.

spammer
28-01-2010, 09:41 PM
If what you are saying is true, how are people reporting their Dboxes etc. going off ?

BraveHeart
28-01-2010, 11:52 PM
If what you are saying is true, how are people reporting their Dboxes etc. going off ?

dunno mate, all i can do is go by what my friend told me above mate, maybe the Dbox's your on about are in an area that has updated all its legit virgin boxs and cards, i dunno.

BraveHeart
29-01-2010, 06:30 AM
LOL, Even my area is now nagra3 and all box's still working fine (or at least after a new fix reflash on box and/or cards) , as i said before, new cards and box's will be needed if virgin want to inforce this with everyone, but i will stand corrected when i see different from what my friend quoted earlier should he be wrong.

DRE
29-01-2010, 01:23 PM
LOL, Even my area is now nagra3 and all box's still working fine (or at least after a new fix reflash on box and/or cards) , as i said before, new cards and box's will be needed if virgin want to inforce this with everyone, but i will stand corrected when i see different from what my friend quoted earlier should he be wrong.

How do you know your area is on nagra 3??.If you mean it's gone 3.7 then your boxes will still be on until they migrate all channels from n1 to n3 then i'm afraid it's blank screen!!

DessertDog
29-01-2010, 07:58 PM
TRY READING THIS POST :To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. i dont think your on N3 yet if you were your channels would be gone

BraveHeart
29-01-2010, 09:17 PM
TRY READING THIS POST :To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. i dont think your on N3 yet if you were your channels would be gone
iam on 3.7 mate i can assure you.

BraveHeart
29-01-2010, 09:19 PM
How do you know your area is on nagra 3??.If you mean it's gone 3.7 then your boxes will still be on until they migrate all channels from n1 to n3 then i'm afraid it's blank screen!!

yes on newer box's with new cards, apart from that no, everyone needs new cards at least before they can do the full switchover, and please remember, no sense in jumping on my case about this, as ive said before, I am only passing on info from a normally very reliable source.

DessertDog
29-01-2010, 09:56 PM
iam on 3.7 mate i can assure you.
im on 3.7 but thats not full N3 read the link i posted

DessertDog
29-01-2010, 09:59 PM
yes on newer box's with new cards, apart from that no, everyone needs new cards at least before they can do the full switchover, and please remember, no sense in jumping on my case about this, as ive said before, I am only passing on info from a normally very reliable source.

Think you need to find another source m8 cos hes talking pure rubbish 3.7 is only the start N3 comes later read and learn from those who know what they are talking about and i dont mean me lol

BraveHeart
29-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Think you need to find another source m8 cos hes talking pure rubbish 3.7 is only the start N3 comes later read and learn from those who know what they are talking about and i dont mean me lol
so with respect, are you suggesting that the person I'm talking about doesnt know what they are talking about ?

It may be me thats wording things wrong, not him, but all i can say is what he told me about which i posted earlier in this thread, thats all, the guy isnt a member on here by the way just incase your wondering.

I can rack his brains again if you like, exactly what questions do you want me to ask him, i will just copy and paste the question direct if i can get hold of him a bit later on.

DessertDog
29-01-2010, 10:18 PM
so with respect, are you suggesting that the person I'm talking about doesnt know what they are talking about ?
It may be me thats wording things wrong, not him, but all i can say is what he told me about which i posted earlier in this thread, thats all, the guy isnt a member on here by the way just incase your wondering.
I can rack his brains again if you like, exactly what questions do you want me to ask him, i will just copy and paste the question direct if i can get hold of him a bit later on.
If what you posted is what your contact told you then yes he is wrong as i keep saying read the post N3 what area are you in ?
if its a N3 area then you are the only person on the net who has there channels mmmmmmmmmmmm something aint right is it m8 either that or richard likes you

BraveHeart
29-01-2010, 10:22 PM
If what you posted is what your contact told you then yes he is wrong as i keep saying read the post N3 what area are you in ?
if its a N3 area then you are the only person on the net who has there channels mmmmmmmmmmmm something aint right is it m8 either that or richard likes you
according to your post I'm on 3.7, and multiple other posts too on other forums etc.

DessertDog
29-01-2010, 10:24 PM
according to your post I'm on 3.7, and multiple other posts too on other forums etc.
My post ?
3.7 yes but N3 has not been implemented yet again what area are u ? im 3.7 but im not N3 yet its coming thats for sure but N3 isnt here yet think your confused 3.7 does not mean your on N3 m8 read the post fully

BraveHeart
29-01-2010, 10:25 PM
My post ?
the link you posted i mean.

Sicilian
29-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Just had a quick read through this thread and here's some actual facts.

1. 3.7 does not mean your on nagra 3.

2. No one in the current areas that have received a new card is able to use any-kind of mosc, funcard, dreambox, dbox etc... To clear any channels.

3. It has not actually been confirmed by anyone that they have actually implemented Nagra 3.

4. Thomson, you haven't received a new card, so your defo on old encryption.

I try not to get dragged into these sort of debates, but what I have posted are actual facts. I'll eat my words if you can post actual evidence that I'm wrong :trustme:

BraveHeart
29-01-2010, 11:31 PM
thats the point though, who has got a new card out of all the millions who subscribe to virgin tv ? i dont know anyone at all apart from the usual grapvine stuff ya hear on the internet that is not always the best way to get info.

and as far as that guys making out, hes keeping insisting that you will need a new box too, hmmm, i dunno, i cant get hold of the guy to ask him more questions, hes usually online late at night/early morn.

Sicilian
29-01-2010, 11:40 PM
thats the point though, who has got a new card out of all the millions who subscribe to virgin tv ? i dont know anyone at all apart from the usual grapvine stuff ya hear on the internet that is not always the best way to get info.
and as far as that guys making out, hes keeping insisting that you will need a new box too, hmmm, i dunno, i cant get hold of the guy to ask him more questions, hes usually online late at night/early morn.

Thomson, there is no current hack or even a way to card share with the new cards. When and if somekind of hack does come out it will be all over the forums, do not go buying any kind of receiver from a trader promising it will clear Nagra 3 or whatever it is that they have implemented. All your m8 is telling you is pure speculation based on hearsay and no actual facts. :trustme:

Anyway that's my final word in this thread as I've got a 10mile training run in the morning :zoom:

BraveHeart
29-01-2010, 11:49 PM
just asked a few friends who live in different parts of the UK if they actually know for fact someone who has been sent out a new virgin card, and they all said no, apart from one guy who said he knows one person in leeds, thats all.

And the other thing that is seemingly accurate info is that nagra3 wont work on older style pace boxs, i dont know for sure about that though, i would imagine that it wont work on them old boxs.

So virgin will be dipping deep into they'r already empty pockets to send millions of new cards out and/or updated boxs, which seems unlikley, not impossible, just a bit unlikley, well in the short term anyway.

(p.s, who says i was thinking about buying a new box ? iam not.)

Sicilian
30-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Thomson, your stopping me getting my beauty sleep :fryingpan:

apart from one guy who said he knows one person in leeds, thats all.

That guy has confirmed it to you and there's plenty of posts about Leeds around the forums.

And the other thing that is seemingly accurate info is that nagra3 wont work on older style pace boxs, i dont know for sure about that though, i would imagine that it wont work on them old boxs.
So virgin will be dipping deep into they'r already empty pockets to send millions of new cards out and/or updated boxs, which seems unlikley, not impossible, just a bit unlikley, well in the short term anyway.

Like I said, no one has confirmed its actually Nagra 3, so the older boxes might be fine.

(p.s, who says i was thinking about buying a new box ? iam not.)

I didn't say you was, I was simply advising you in general as your m8 is saying you need a new box.

DessertDog
30-01-2010, 12:03 AM
This much i can tell you m8 pace 1000s and 2000s dont seem to handle 3.7 upgrade sammys seem fine SV5s are ok after a factory reset and new scan etc.Im told Dboxes have gone down on the 3.7 update also local to me.I dont know if there is a remedy for any of those boxes not heard of anything yet.

BraveHeart
30-01-2010, 12:07 AM
This much i can tell you m8 pace 1000s and 2000s dont seem to handle 3.7 upgrade sammys seem fine SV5s are ok after a factory reset and new scan etc.Im told Dboxes have gone down on the 3.7 update also local to me.I dont know if there is a remedy for any of those boxes not heard of anything yet.
ye mate, the old paces wont handle it, but what baffles me is my area is 3.7 and my dreambox is fine, yet as you say, some Dbox's in other areas have went off, strange, but i see that with a new box/card flash most are all working again, not sure about Dbox's though.

i know one guy with a Dbox who is in a 3.7 area, i will ask him later if its still ok.

tinkertiler
30-01-2010, 12:21 AM
A load of channels went off on my dbox earlier in the week and a re scan got them back. No one apart from leeds has had the cards sent to them but they will be in the post very soon then it will be lights out for everyone until the gods that be try to beat it again maybe it will happen maybe it wont. No one knows yet for sure we will just have to wait and see. Only thing that we can say our time is running out we all know that and anyone who says any different is on the bottle or something stronger!

DRE
30-01-2010, 02:38 PM
just asked a few friends who live in different parts of the UK if they actually know for fact someone who has been sent out a new virgin card, and they all said no, apart from one guy who said he knows one person in leeds, thats all.
I assure you my good man the new cards are very real and have been sent out to all leeds,york and harrogate subscribers.I know this as fact as i and many ppl have them.Whether it is n3 or not who knows.All i know is the (modded)boxes in these areas are with no premium channels.Has been covered many a time but once again in the stream is 1841 which appears to be the new implementation/encryption and the cards are very much rom 180.I know seeing is beleiving but all i can say is i beleive as iv'e seen!!..

BraveHeart
30-01-2010, 10:34 PM
i will wait till i see it too, they better (virgin) have taken a massive loan out to supply all these cards and boxs to replace old cards and old box's (pace box's), for a company i last heard is in massive debt troubles they are doing brilliant, maybe celtic should sign up they'r board of directors, lol, they need them. :Hammer:

on the serious side, i know only one single person in the whole of the UK that has a new virgin card, and even at that, its a friend of a friend, so me personally dont know anyone who has been sent a new card, and as i said in previous post, i have mates over different areas of UK and they dont know anyone either, theres no doubt that some areas will have new cards and box's (to renew old pace boxs etc) , wish they would just get on with the dam thing if they are, lol.

ianskill33
01-02-2010, 10:49 PM
can i just add,been on the phone to virgin to upgrade dads package. they told me on the phone to expect a new card before end year.i asked what and why this was needed,he replied "to stop fraud" no box mentioned,just card,this is for merseyside

keverly19
10-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Well i must admit i've enjoyed reading the posts in this thread but can someone please answer the original question? What do the new cards actualy look like:dunno:

berley
10-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Well i must admit i've enjoyed reading the posts in this thread but can someone please answer the original question? What do the new cards actualy look like:dunno:

piccie taken from vermins home page, its white on the back with black writing and gold chip

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/members/berley-albums-smilys-picture194-smartcard-pic.jpg

notanotherone
16-02-2010, 06:40 PM
piccie taken from vermins home page, its white on the back with black writing and gold chip

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ive got one of those and had it for ages ,i had a problem months ago with water in the cable box outside my house and foned them the engineer came out to check my box and thto it was the card he changed it to one of them but later found it it was water in line and had to get it emtied and then boosted up when i said i had the new card no one belived me lol

DessertDog
16-02-2010, 07:00 PM
I also have had a blank one for a year or more they have been about for ages

thesparky
22-02-2010, 11:23 AM
A friend got his this morning, Leyton, east london
N3 and software version 3.7, Rom revision 180 and Eeprom revision is Mer000
the end is nigh :D

DRE
23-02-2010, 01:33 AM
2-3 weeks tops!!.

BraveHeart
23-02-2010, 02:03 AM
A friend got his this morning, Leyton, east london
N3 and software version 3.7, Rom revision 180 and Eeprom revision is Mer000
the end is nigh :D

as far as ive heard from guys in the buisness, this new nagra 3 wont work on the older pace boxs, so that means that all my friends that have the pace boxs will have to have them upgraded too, i will beleive that when i see it, lol.

smaloney09
05-04-2010, 06:36 AM
hi there thought i would add my opinion here,yesterday i done an original card issued 8 weeks ago in glasgow when reading the card with xncs it sais the card is n1 so how i c it is no way are they going to n3 just now vm will loose so much money with this they will fold as people will switch to s*y who offer better value for money with packages and other services with full subscription,if they were going to swith so soon after this card was issued then i think i would have got it then,what they mite do is change card encoding and card data to try n stop the fraud if anyone knows for certain that its n3 and has proof speak up

BraveHeart
05-04-2010, 07:04 AM
hi there thought i would add my opinion here,yesterday i done an original card issued 8 weeks ago in glasgow when reading the card with xncs it sais the card is n1 so how i c it is no way are they going to n3 just now vm will loose so much money with this they will fold as people will switch to s*y who offer better value for money with packages and other services with full subscription,if they were going to swith so soon after this card was issued then i think i would have got it then,what they mite do is change card encoding and card data to try n stop the fraud if anyone knows for certain that its n3 and has proof speak up
yea mate, we just need to wait and see, no big deal, everyone has had thier moneys worth from virgin hacked tv boxs and modems and stuff for the past 12+ years, so even when it does go down the plughole then its not a big deal.

and yes your correct on the sky v virgin deals, i would say that sky defo has better tv and telephone deals than virgin just now no probs at all, but virgin still lead the line in broadband unless ofcourse you live right next to a telephone exchange then sky broadband is just as good and sometimes better.

Ive already took steps to drop a lot of my add on packs with virgin and thinking seriously about canceling altogether, only thing holding me is the broadband like i said.

good first post mate, lol.:banana4:

(edit: customer service with both companies is the worst ive ever experienced in my life with any company, thats one of the biggest problems with both firms, dont know whos worse, lol, sad thing is though, theres no competition, so we have to grin and bare it, willy wonkers they are, grrrrrrrrrrr..)

fergalsworld
05-04-2010, 10:34 AM
hi there thought i would add my opinion here,yesterday i done an original card issued 8 weeks ago in glasgow when reading the card with xncs it sais the card is n1 so how i c it is no way are they going to n3 just now vm will loose so much money with this they will fold as people will switch to s*y who offer better value for money with packages and other services with full subscription,if they were going to swith so soon after this card was issued then i think i would have got it then,what they mite do is change card encoding and card data to try n stop the fraud if anyone knows for certain that its n3 and has proof speak upGlasgow has only updated to the 3.7 firmware it has not switched to the new encryption system yet that is why you have recieved a normal card,
but dont worry you will soon receive a new card :trustme:

tvro123
05-04-2011, 04:30 PM
nagra 3 card ROM142 G01 ROM180 MRN000