PDA

View Full Version : usb loader on 3.1e

billy8791
09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
hey guys just a quicky

i have a wii at 3.1e and wanting to use usb loader instead of disks,
i have got the loader onto the menu but when i click on it, it says hdd not detected and ask me a question about cios either 249 or 222,
i click either of them and gives a 30 sec count down timer then cuts out at the end.

is there anyway i can get usb loader working on 3.1?

i don't want to update to 4.2 if i can help it.

cheers

10mg
10-01-2010, 11:42 PM
This guide will show you how to use USB loader to backup and boot games from a USB drive.

First, what's required;
-Newest Homebrew Channel installed
-This file pack (http://rapidshare.com/files/216277961/apps.rar) (v1.1+IOS rev 9)
-The original IOS36-64-v1042.wad file (GOOGLE!)

Prep:
-Extract the usbloader.rar file into the root of your SD card.
-Stick the IOS36-64-v1042.wad file into the root of the SD card.
-Boot the Homebrew Channel, run the IOS installer
-Select "WAD Install", it should install automatically
-Reset Wii

Running USB loader:
-Insert a USB drive into the Wii
-Boot the homebrew channel, select USB-LOADER

-It should ask you about formatting and choosing a partition.

This WILL erase everything on your USB drive, so be sure to back it up. Yes, the USB drive can be converted back to normal later, it's no big deal. Windows will however, not be able to read your USB drive while it's formatted under the WBFS.

-Choose your partition and continue.
-Insert the game disk (original or backup) into your Wii, and press the + button.

What It should say;
Opening dvd disk.. OK!"

Then it will proceed to carry on with the ripping operation.

Troubleshooting:

Q: When installing the IOS file, i get "extracting content #00... ERROR! (ret = -1017)"?
A: Use AnytitleDeleter to get rid of ISO249.

Q: When I boot USB Loader, I get: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1) ?
This means either your USB drive is corrupted or it is not supported. Please use another drive or doublecheck connections. Also, if you have something plugged in the other USB port, be sure to remove it. If all that doesn't work, try switching your USB port. Some people reported this working via hotswapping, but I do not support this method. Other people are reporting that plugging two errored USB's in at once makes one work.

Q: While in the ripping process, it freezes. (I got passed 0.01%)
A:Mine did this, but because my flash drive was overheating. It sounds ridiculous, but try keeping it cooled off. Or if you have another flash drive, try that.
If your flash drive has an LED and it's still blinking, leave it be, it's just running slow! If it's stopped blinking for more than 40 seconds you'll need to reset your Wii. Also, sometimes it wont work the first time, but works great the second or third.

Q: When I go to rip the disk, it freezes at 0.01% or 0.00%?
A:If your Wii is hard modded, I don't have a solution for you :[..but if it isn't, try reinstalling the IOS file or cleaning your disk.

Q: When I go to rip, it says "Invalid Wii game"?
A: You're most likely using a backed up game or a ligit scratched game. Clean the DVD, try a few more times. If that fails burn another copy.

Q: WTF's a partition?
A: The best way to describe it, is a segment of your hard drive that is reserved for one file system. Most computer come with the entire hard drive as one partition, but you can split hard drives into multiple partitions for better organization or different file systems.

Q: How do i turn my USB device back compatible with windows?
A: Using XP, right click "My computer" and go to "Manage" while your USB drive is connected. Click "Disk Managment". Right click your device and format or create a new partition.

Q: I know what a partition is, is there any way for me to repartition my drive without loosing current data?
A: Unfortunately, there's no easy way to just repartition without deleting previous partitions that I know of.
[EDIT: Apparently you can use Partition Magic, but I have no experience there]

Q: Can i dump Gamecube games?
A: No. Im sure it'll eventually be supported, but not at this time.

Q: It says that there's only x.xxgb's avaliable, but I have a lo tmore space than that!!
A: Either you messed up with the Partitioning, or you're not using my USB Loader pack.

Q: Do I need FW v4.0?
A: Nope.

Q: Can I put the ISO on my Hard drive through Windows?
A: Yes, the WBFS Tool (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Q: How big are the Wii games and how long do they take to dump?
Most games take under 20 mins to dump, except Super Smash Bros Brawl. Here's some examples.
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess :::: 1.12gb :::: 13 mins
Link's Target Training :::: 0.25gb :::: 3 mins, 25 seconds
Wii Sports :::: 0.36gb :::: 5 mins, 13 seconds
Super Smash Bros Brawl :::: 6.87gb :::: 1 Hour, 34 minutes, 8 seconds

Q: My disk drive is really loud and making weird noises!!
A: Don't worry about it. The noise amount varies between models and use.

Q: My picture is black and white / distorted / Grainy / ect?
A: It's cross-video compatibility. Some PAL games work great on NTSC consoles, others dont, and vise versa. There's been numerous reports of fixes and video patches, and forcing NTSC, but nothing is clear yet.

Q: Does this include USB 2.0 support?
A: Yes

Q: Does usb loader dump brickblocked backup discs?
A: Yess.

Q: How big can my partition be?
A: 512gb max for now.

This covers every problem people had through the first ten pages, so you won't need to scan through the topic too much :x..Hope this was some help.

Special Thanks to Darkzero51521 at GBATemp.net

always check for the latest info as most new released files are beta file and will be updated

Also, check which usb port on the wii your using!

billy8791
11-01-2010, 08:30 AM
the link is broken mate

10mg
11-01-2010, 09:00 AM
I was only posting info to see if the faqs might solve your problem.

h*tp://To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. thats the files in question)