PDA

View Full Version : Ntl box

coop
19-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Hi,
I hope somebody could point me in the right direction. my Ntl box has come up with a message ' ntl are updating your set top box, this may take a few minutes' , that started about 36 hours ago. My box has a MOSC card and i have a coder. will the card need re-coding? if so where can i get the codes, or is there something else up with the box.:imnew:

Shipoftheline
19-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi coop welcome to the board

edcase
19-07-2006, 01:37 PM
This should really be in the cable section!

The message you are receiving is not anything to do with the card, it is the software within the box that is trying to update.

We need to know what model the box is, and what area you are from and what the network ID is set to in the engineers menu.

What ever you do, DO NOT PULL THE RED JUMPER (regardless of what anyone else might advise) as it might result in the box getting stuck in a virtually unrecoverable loop!

edcase

Shipoftheline
19-07-2006, 02:22 PM

edcase

Great first post though ;)

coop
19-07-2006, 02:57 PM
The message you are receiving is not anything to do with the card, it is the software within the box that is trying to update.
We need to know what model the box is, and what area you are from and what the network ID is set to in the engineers menu.
What ever you do, DO NOT PULL THE RED JUMPER (regardless of what anyone else might advise) as it might result in the box getting stuck in a virtually unrecoverable loop!
edcase
cheers, i think the model is a pace 1000, i'm in warrington, i have'nt a clue about the network id. Whats the red jumper?:confused: Thanks for the welcomes' btw.

coop
19-07-2006, 03:01 PM
I've just put it in cable room, i must be blind i never spotted that forum before.:oops:

tobnvodka
18-08-2006, 02:17 PM
did you get sorted m8 I'm from Warrington if you need a hand

coop
18-08-2006, 02:19 PM
I did:) thanks very much for the offer.