PDA

View Full Version : Grabbit Freezes

Magnu420
19-07-2006, 12:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi when i load grabbit up, put a file on what i want to download, the download
seem to freeze i bring task manager up the process for grabbit is 98 %
and it just stops there, it wont let me close it down unless i kill the process it was working ok yesterday but not now ive tried rebooting with no avail
any ideas thanks

win xp
2.6 gig cpu
768 mb ram
80 gig HDD with 40 gig spare

seamouse
24-07-2006, 09:11 AM
i got rid of it ages ago and use NZB-O-MaticPlus

U713
29-10-2006, 08:45 PM
not had that prob myself i bn usin grabit for 12+ months but i know grabit is a resource hog wen its decoding alot of pieces near the end ov a download try hangin in there leave it for 15minz or so n come bak to it, if not try updatin it if possible.
hope it helps

stickywicket
29-10-2006, 11:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi when i load grabbit up, put a file on what i want to download, the download
seem to freeze i bring task manager up the process for grabbit is 98 %
and it just stops there, it wont let me close it down unless i kill the process it was working ok yesterday but not now ive tried rebooting with no avail
any ideas thanks
win xp
2.6 gig cpu
768 mb ram
80 gig HDD with 40 gig spare

do you defrag, clean your registry, optimize your memory, delete cookies etc etc regularly. like mentioned b4, grabit is a complete hog of resources and will freeze your system. also remeber to try and have as little processes running as possible. been using grabit 4 a while and gotta say its a pretty sweet programme, however there are others available (newsbin pro or news leecher etc)

Magnu420
30-10-2006, 05:04 PM
thanks for that guys ive gave up to using grabbit cos it was doing my head in ive been told to open up the ports for grabbit this will cure my cpu load but as i said i dont use it nomore found summat else newbin pro so im using that at the moment thanks guys

Hammer
17-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Have to say, I've always found Grabit excellent and have certainly never noticed the resource issues that everyone seems to be mentioning.