PDA

View Full Version : Help with Buying A Dreambox

Lloydon1
29-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi All, we have an old sky digital dish in our new property in pershore, worcs. We cannot hardly pick up any freeview and the ariel reception is so poor it's untrue. We are looking into getting a sly package, although were thinking that what would be the benfits of me buying a dreambox [Which is probably the best sat box?] and hooking that up to the cable from the sky dish that is in our front room.

Any advice would be good on this, thinking of doing it in the next few days....

I need work out wether it's worth paying for a basic sly package so we can get a signal, although if a dreambox would work would it pick up the same channels or more freebies ?

Had a dbox a while ago so looking for something that can poss give me a bit more..... footy would be good, but know it is diff without getting dishes in diff areas, subs etc...

Most importantly would it be a good money saver and would be a good investment ?

Thanks all for your time, hope you are all have a great festive period.

berley
29-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Have a read of this post, Its not quite as simple as just buying a box and hooking it up, but its not a hard guide to follow either.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. If your dish is still aligned and the cables are in good condition, then at the very least you should receive sly FTA channels.

If you want premium channels like football, movies etc, then you?d need to google card sharing.

Lloydon1
30-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks Burley.... Had a look and seems pretty simple to set up. Although, will i pick up any free channels that are not available on freeview ?

berley
30-12-2009, 03:44 PM
I think you should be able to pick up all the freesat channels, hopefully someone else will confirm or correct me

Sicilian
30-12-2009, 04:50 PM
You'll be able to pickup all the freesat channels, premium channels will need a valid subscription or cardshare. See link below for freesat: -

freesat - Digital satellite TV with free HD for the whole UK (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. If its just the freesat channels your after you may be better off with a dedicated freesat receiver.