PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Browser

romeospadre
27-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Help please
I have soft modded by Wii which is also hardware modified - No problems but now I have not got the Homebrew Browser which I had before, my SD card was formatted so now my HB channel is empty. I downloaded the latest version 0.3.6 which when i run from the sd card (e:\apps\Homebrew Browser) it starts to install and goes through but does not complete.
Seems to what to link to the codemii webserver but i think there is an issue connecting to this - I can ping the site but not the ip and the error mentions dns - I have changed my dns settings and reset the network info on the wii - running out of ideas - Anyone had a similar experience

thanks in advance

Kiefels
07-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I had a similar issue with a jap wii.
Came to install HomeBrew browser and it did all the connecting stuff to update but then crashed and rebooted the wii.
I tried again and it connected again. This time it downloaded but hung again.
I tried again and it pulled it from the temp file it had downloaded to on my SD card and it started up.

It maybe better if you put an old version on first. Make sure your Wii can connect to shopping channel. If it does this you should be ok regarding settings.

If you are struggling to get the wii to recognise HomeBrew browser try the dummy guide for softmodding in one of the stickies and it will install an old version on your sd card for you.