PDA

View Full Version : Sumvision Cyclone MKV NAS Ready HDD Media Enclosure/Player, Full 1080p with DTS +more

Sicilian
21-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Just ordered one of these: -

Sumvision Cyclone MKV NAS Ready HDD Media Enclosure/Player, Full 1080p with DTS, You Tube and many more features.

Going by the specs you should be able to use it to play downloaded blu-rays, dvd iso's, xvid, divx and much more. It's also got a built in bittorrent client :) I've also ordered a 500GB sata HDD to fit inside it. Hopefully will receive tomorrow, so will post a review later in the week.

This is the specs: -

Features:

Supports All Popular HD Video:

The Cyclone MKV supports all popular 1080p HD video formats
currently on the market. Formats supported include H.264, MKV,
DivX HD, MPEG 2-TS, RMVB (up to 720p) and WMV9.

Supports SATA HDD, USB Host and LAN Samba Client:

Built-in storage unit allows you to add your own SATA HDD to store all your media files.

With USB 2.0 support you can plug storage devices such as HDD, flash drives or mp3 and play them directly through the Cyclone.

The Cyclone MKV Enclosure can act as a SAMBA client, you can stream media from your PC directly to your player. Play standard and HD media fast and efficiently with no slow down.

Internet Media Servics:

Preset internet services are available to access straight from the player.

Services such as BBC, YouTube and many more internet services are available for you to access.

HDMI Digital Output:

With the HDMI interface you can enjoy superb digital video and audio quality playback on your TV.

Specifications:

Hard Drive Support: SATA HDD
USB Input: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed USB host x 2
Firmware: Upgradeable
OS Language: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese and Dutch
Audio: MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, AAC, LPCM, FLAC, AC3 and DTS
Video Codec: H.264, MKV, WMV9, MPEG 1/2/4, HD DivX, Xvid, FLV and RM/RMVB
Video File: MKV, TS, M2TS, TP, TRP, WMV, IFO, ISO, VOB, DAT, AVI, MPG, MP4, MOV, RM, RMVB, DivX, Xvid
Video Resolution: H.264, MKV, WMV9, TS and HD DivX supports up to 1920 x 1080p 30fps RM/RMVB supports up to 720p
Subtitles: SUB, SMI, SSA, SRT, IDX + SUB
Photo File: JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, GIF
Video Out: CVBS, HDMI 1.3 (max 1080p)
Audio Out: stereo R/L, optical, HDMI Digital
LAN: RJ45, supports Samba client, Wi-Fi 802.11g dongle (optional)
Remote Control: Yes
Panel Button: Yes
Power Supply: Universal AC 100 ~ 230V 50Hz
Power Rate: DC 12V 2A
Internet Services: YouTube, BBC, Picasa, flickr, RTL, BitTorrent*
Network Services: (Samba) NAS*

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. http://www.digitalpromo.co.uk/images/cycnasmkv_spec_lg.JPG

Diablo13
21-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Looks good m8, lots of features and 2 usb sockets is always useful.
I recently bought a Sumvision Cyclone USB/card reader to HDMI adaptor from ebuyer for about 23 quid and that works very well.
After my Xbox 360 got banned I could no longer stream from my pc to it and nothing else worked. So I got this little adapter box so that I could put films etc on a usb stick or memory card and just plug it in to output as HD on my telly. It's got it's own remote, plays everything and allows deletion of what you have watched as well, which some don't.
Sumvision make some good handy gadgets like that, I hope it does all you hope and you let us know how you get on with it?
Do you want to let us know the price of the one you got, out of curiosity?

Sicilian
21-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I've paid ?79.50 from here, showing out of stock now: -

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I also ordered a Samsung EcoGreen F2 500GB HDD, HDMI lead and toslink cable. Total came to around ?138.00. It's all due for delivery tomorrow so will let you know what it's like in a few days.

Diablo13
21-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks for that Sic. Sounds like good price and with Samba functions etc sounds like the kind of thing I would go for.
Just got a Scart to HDMI adapter and a couple of extra HDMI and toslink cables off Amazon as well, so I will have to wait till after crimble before I get anything else! :(

Sicilian
25-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Managed to get this setup yesterday.

Fitted hard drive. Then flashed with Mvix Ultio firmware (the mvix ultio is identical to the cyclone mkv), then installed samba and bittorrent (mvix ultio packages).

Data transfer speeds are pretty good across a wired network, I get around 5.50MB/Second. So for instance a 22GB blu-ray will takes about an hour to transfer to the player over the network. Or you can transfer movies, over usb from your pc.

So far its played everything I thrown at it, xvid, divx, mkv blu-ray rips, dvd iso's. Picture quality is superb. The blu-ray rips are fantastic.

I've go to admit I'm really happy with this, build quality is great too. Considering the cost I think its a real bargain. A entry level blu-ray player with a decent spec is around ?120, then you would need a blu-ray burner and blank blu-ray discs to burn movies at around a fiver each. So in my mind it's a no-brainer.