PDA

View Full Version : have a look to see what ive been doing

notanotherone
08-12-2009, 08:01 AM
you may or not know but ive been busy for the last 4 months working in my loft heres what ive been doing

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. this is what it started of like
the plastic bag above the case shows a rafter which if you had stood up would be up to your waist

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. lots of junk had to be cleared out to make way
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. after a while i got to this stage

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. the restaints were cut and stood up to make soldiers

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and frames were made to make doors so i could get access to the space under the eaves wich by the way is over 1 meter
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/members/notanotherone-albums-mine-picture146-dscf3295.jpg

notanotherone
08-12-2009, 08:09 AM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. i made a door at each corner

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and place 3x2 on the main rafter to lift it above conduit
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. till i got to this stage

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. after manhandling loads of plaster board
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and a lot of rubbing down
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/members/notanotherone-albums-mine-picture164-dscf3351.jpg

notanotherone
08-12-2009, 08:23 AM
till eventually i got to this
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. the cables will eventually go behind the walls

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/members/notanotherone-albums-mine-picture161-dscf3364.jpg

Sicilian
08-12-2009, 08:29 AM
As you've done such a grand job at your place i'll let you come sort my loft out now :zoom:

Great job m8, well done :)

Chimaera
08-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Good job m8

nice use of the extra space on the edges

saffronfox
08-12-2009, 10:05 AM
neat enough looking job m8, my business specializes in loft conversions and altho abit late now seeing you have done if you need help just ask.

berley
08-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Did you bury all the food n drink cans under the floorboards :p

Its nice seeing all the piccies specially the ones at the very beginning, you didn't show me how messy it was to begin with just the nice finished results.

The finished result is brilliant and your hard work toil and sweat paid off, well done you. :clap:

john0745
08-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Very very nice indeed, great little place to get away from it all, very handy when you want to watch the footy in peace,:tv:

DessertDog
08-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Watch out Nao berley now knows your skills jobs are being lined up for you lmao

Julie71
08-12-2009, 02:38 PM
So thats where u been hiding :p

Great job Nao, well done you

Wish i had a gd handy man :nao6:

thelostone
08-12-2009, 03:13 PM
You have been a busy nao, well done bud it looks very good i will join the end of the queue to get my loft done:lol3:

tinkertiler
08-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Well done mate looks well smart. Wondered why you wasnt on here as much lol

Reddevil
08-12-2009, 05:00 PM

Pfffffffffffft

nice work nao :D be ok locked in there now

Collider
08-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Looks good nao how much for week B&B? lol

wullboy
08-12-2009, 07:56 PM

Great job Nao, well done you

" He paid his brother to do it you numpties "....... he`s far to busy working [ eating & drinking ] to start a loft conversion...... :roflmao:
Come on NAO.... own up... how much did you pay him..... He told me 2 hundred quid..... :wink:

Magnu420
10-12-2009, 10:31 PM
very nice nao,when are you commin to do mine

anyway how the hell did you fit thru the loft with you being :fatso:

love the way its set out,all you need now is a scalextric track,a mini cooler
stacked with jd,and beers.....forget the mini cooler,just get a caravan fridge

notanotherone
12-12-2009, 02:18 PM
little update
http://i50.tinypic.com/sy9ev6.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/344bnyq.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/59wmqp.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/4fwoyo.jpg

Collider
12-12-2009, 02:20 PM
:roflmao: that to keep an eye on berley?

wullboy
12-12-2009, 03:28 PM
:roflmao: that to keep an eye on berley?

Naw, thats to watch for the gaffer !!

Magnu420
12-12-2009, 03:59 PM
more like to watch the pie van :roflmao:

mburns
18-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Very nice job, did you have any professionals in at all???

Also before you put the plaster on would have been a good idea to stick a socket and coaxial cable/sky/ntl cable/conector up behind the TV

Would have saved you doing it now and wrecking the nice finish

Also did you insulate it???

Maybe post a budget, show others roughly how much it cost or would have cost :P

Over all very very good job mate :D

Diablo13
18-12-2009, 08:45 PM
I have to say that looks awesome m8.:appl:
Really light and a great use of normally dead space. Very impressed with the whole look and more than a little envious of the great private space you have made.
The self satisfaction must be very rewarding. Just shows what you can do when you set your mind to it. Thanks for sharing all the pics.

notanotherone
19-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Very nice job, did you have any professionals in at all???
Also before you put the plaster on would have been a good idea to stick a socket and coaxial cable/sky/ntl cable/conector up behind the TV
Would have saved you doing it now and wrecking the nice finish
Also did you insulate it???
Maybe post a budget, show others roughly how much it cost or would have cost :P
Over all very very good job mate :D
for professionals i had an electricain in to do all lights and sockets and to wire up a switch for the lights ,the velux window was put in and fitted by a m8 who is a tiler ,i prepaired the opening and faced it b4 they arrived but as i said before i dont know how to roof tile so that threw me .
the sky cables are behind the tv its only the power sockets i need to fix
i insulated the eaves from the top to the bottom also insulated behind the palsterboard and also insulated the doors
all in all this is including the velux window and the electrician it cost cost ?2184 ,i used my local wood yard for all the materials

wullboy
19-12-2009, 04:13 PM
all in all this is including the velux window and i used my local wood yard for all the materials

Yes we know... the police have been hunting for you for days now ....:roflmao:

Diablo13
19-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I have to laugh at wullboy's comment.
Who says there is no room for humor in a good serious thread!
Nice bit of acerbic humor, man after my own heart. :9:

thesparky
19-12-2009, 04:57 PM
great work nao, it looks really smart, i especially like the prev telescope :D
better get a lock on that hatch :lol:

wullboy
19-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I have to laugh at wullboy's comment.
Who says there is no room for humor in a good serious thread!
Nice bit of acerbic humor, man after my own heart. :9:

yea diablo m8, but HE has put alot of time and effort into it, and he must be applauded for it, well done nao m8... [ when can you start mines] m8....lol

Magnu420
17-08-2011, 11:50 PM
sorry to bring an old thread up

this is what you want nao http://www.theceilingwizard.co.uk/index.php?p=1_2_Gallery-Page