PDA

View Full Version : a dsi question

thelostone
06-12-2009, 08:15 PM
my lad has got an early christmas present a dsi,he has been doing a bit of searching on the web and found out so he tells me you can download roms on to the sd card.He has tried this but got no were so is there anyone that can give me a few pointers on how to get them to run? thank you.

Reddevil
06-12-2009, 09:11 PM
not sure but i think you have to mod them too to play roms or use a loader type proggy.

Reddevil
06-12-2009, 09:18 PM
doing a bit of reading you need a specific card acekard2i form these people r4i.co.uk im sure if you do the google thing you will prob find a tut on how to do it, if i find one will post it.

Further reading try discount code: latesummer20 for 20% off ( if it still works)

Link to good download site:

http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/download.htm

Collider
06-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Get one of these R4 Zone - R4 DS, R4 Card, R4 Cards, R4 Revolution, R4 DSi, R4 SDHC, R4 Software (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. then load up an SD card with firmware

R4i SDHC Revolution for NDSi/NDSL/NDS (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. make folder marked games and drag it straight to the sd card then dump ROM/images to it from various places(torrents/nzb files)

saffronfox
07-12-2009, 02:21 AM
could be worng as still waiting for my acekard2i card to turn up but from what i have read if your dsi firmware is 1.4 or higher their is no fix out as yet tho if it is not already out will be very soon.
reason for getting acekard 2i is it is backwards compatible and works on the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSI

Collider
07-12-2009, 07:47 AM
R4i Card for DSi - Compatible with the 1.4 Firmware (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. from my first link ;)

saffronfox
08-12-2009, 01:56 AM
R4i Card for DSi - Compatible with the 1.4 Firmware (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. from my first link ;)
just got to wait for the cards now to have a play lol

lynd145
08-12-2009, 07:09 PM
acekard2i will work m8 no probs with 1.4 FW .acekard2i were the 1st to crack the dsi and the 1.4 FW

scareyb
10-12-2009, 04:22 AM
my lad has got an early christmas present a dsi,he has been doing a bit of searching on the web and found out so he tells me you can download roms on to the sd card.He has tried this but got no were so is there anyone that can give me a few pointers on how to get them to run? thank you.
had same trouble two weeks ago
got a r4 from mymemory.co.uk didnt work on 1.4 sent it back
got a m3i zero from digitalera.co.uk works no probs and it can
be updated if nintendo release new firmware

berley
23-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I've got bill a DSi for his chrimbo pressie, so here goes with the first of no doubt many questions

Where do you go to check what the firmware is ?

and scareyb can you come back and do and idiots guide of what you done to get it all working :zoom:

saffronfox
24-12-2009, 11:41 PM
I've got bill a DSi for his chrimbo pressie, so here goes with the first of no doubt many questions
Where do you go to check what the firmware is ?

Click SETTING (with the Tool Icon) on the main menu
Check the right hand corner of the top screen which says VER 1.x
VER 1.x is the version number. If it shows VER 1.4, it means that your DSi console has been updated with the latest firmware as far as i know Supercard DSONEi and M3i Zero have firmware runnig 1.4 and i know R4i SDHC have as thats the one i use for my little gal.

berley
27-12-2009, 02:05 PM
K, bill checked and his DSi firmware is 1.24 or summit similar, so I take it im safe enough to just buy an R4i card from the link in red and scotty's post ?
oh and does downloaded DS games or DS lite games also work in a DSi ?
hmm think thats enough idiotic Q's for now :fryingpan:

quick edit: i purchased the one that came with the 4gb card, the price on the webpage is ?23.98 but I got a further discount of 20% off until the end of the year so i only ended up paying ?17.95 for it. Hmmm it said it was a 20% discount but seems like i must have got more, dunno how but thats what they billed me for

saffronfox
28-12-2009, 05:46 AM
as long as the card you got was the right one for dsi the firmware should not be a problem and yes the ds roms are fine for dsi, the game are all the same for both consoles.:thumbup2: