PDA

View Full Version : Power supply

Darth Jax
22-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Ok so after having the dreambox for a few months the white plug that you get with the power supply has started to spark.

I was wondering if anyone new of a power supply that I can get that fits flush into the power socket at the back of the dreambox without sticking out any.

I got this power supply from maplins but it stuck out for one thing (didnt fit flush in the back) and there were loads of extension ends (some fit others did not) so I gave it back because I did not want to damage the box. Also it cost £30 which I thought was a bit steep.

Cheers in advance for any ideas and advice

Darth Jax

oddstruck
22-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Ok so after having the dreambox for a few months the white plug that you get with the power supply has started to spark.
.................................................. ...............................
Darth Jax
I replaced the plug lead and the crap white two - three pin adapter that came with my box with an ordinary uk 3 pin plug and lead and connected it straight to the power supply that plugs into the back of the db.

zinc
11-07-2006, 06:33 PM
I also replaced the two pin with a three pin UK plug and it works fine.

Donnie Darko
11-07-2006, 09:08 PM
figure of 8 lead eg ps2 lead.

icaicm
17-07-2006, 10:02 PM
mine been working fine since i have purchased the box which is 4 to five months ago. i even leave it on for 2 to 3 days in a row and so far no problems.