PDA

View Full Version : proxy server ?

DessertDog
18-07-2006, 10:43 AM
had to reformat but i cannot connect to some sites its telling me im going through a poxy server i have no idea on this any help would be nice
thanks

hacker
18-07-2006, 10:46 AM
u tried resetting ur modem,do that first an let me no wat happens

Tallywadger
18-07-2006, 10:54 AM
DD ...you didnt have to reformat for changing the boot.ini set up surely????....ulp! (I didn't have any probs with it....)

DessertDog
18-07-2006, 11:01 AM
DD ...you didnt have to reformat for changing the boot.ini set up surely????....ulp! (I didn't have any probs with it....)

lol yeh it was ok for a few reboots then would not boot at all

Tallywadger
18-07-2006, 12:03 PM
hmm! what di you have in your boot.ini ..can you remember?

mines is...

[boot loader]
timeout=0
default-multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition"/fastdetect

I just need to know..so as to not give the same advice to others if its not right! It could be you had other problems but I wouldn't like to have given advice which has led to a format!!!!!!

As I said (touch wood) it has worked fine on mine..have you been getting any other symptoms?

DessertDog
18-07-2006, 04:54 PM
hmm! what di you have in your boot.ini ..can you remember?
mines is...
[boot loader]
timeout=0
default-multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition"/fastdetect
I just need to know..so as to not give the same advice to others if its not right! It could be you had other problems but I wouldn't like to have given advice which has led to a format!!!!!!
As I said (touch wood) it has worked fine on mine..have you been getting any other symptoms?
No idea tally its np m8 its the pc its playing about for ages now it needed a reformat m8 had so much crap on it . Im sure your help helped cos it didnt happen untill after about 3 reboots m8

DessertDog
18-07-2006, 04:55 PM
u tried resetting ur modem,do that first an let me no wat happens
restet moden 4 times after forth time all seems ok thanks m8

Tallywadger
18-07-2006, 08:39 PM
hmm still sounds like you may have problems lurking inside there m8 , however if you have reformatted it might be a hardware issue.. works sometimes and not others does it heat up per chance?