PDA

View Full Version : cant Code links, nor can i edit my own posts.

john0745
27-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Hi guy's,
Ive brought this up a dew times, if i answere a post and i need to add a link i have no way of adding "code" to kill the link, i feel like a divvy as everytime i add a link a mod has to rectiffy it for me. i cant even edit my own posts,, is this a skin problem as i have no way off changing the skin either.
bellow is an image of what i get when trying to reply to a post, i also get the same image if i go advanced.
the second image is showing me that i cant edit my own post's as it is turned off, can someone explain please.

Sicilian
27-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Is that the screenshot of when you press 'Post Reply' on the left or 'Go Advanced' at the bottom? Not quick reply.

little_pob
27-11-2009, 11:59 AM
To prevent a link becoming 'live' (i.e. clickable) you've 3 options:
in quick reply you can add an underscore "_" to the start e.g. _To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. use the
or [php] tags e.g. [code]To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. these can be added manually.
uncheck the box for automatic parsing on the 'go advanced' screen.

You do appear to only have the basic editor for quick reply. If you want to change this go to To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. scroll to the bottom and change the 'message editor interface' to standard or advanced.

As for editing that is a question admin will have to answer...

john0745
28-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Is that the screenshot of when you press 'Post Reply' on the left or 'Go Advanced' at the bottom? Not quick reply.
thats the screen shot i get no matter how i try to reply, ive tried to go advanced useing "Post Reply", ive tried to go advanced useing "quick reply", but i have no tabs above the message window.
But i now see that my "Edit" button is now active,, cheers to whoever fixed it.

10mg
28-11-2009, 11:45 AM
I've noticed that in some sections i can edit my posts, but some i'm not.... i just thought this might have been kept for maybe 'respected members' and above.

EDIT: seems the edit function works now :thumbup2:

john0745
28-11-2009, 01:17 PM
To prevent a link becoming 'live' (i.e. clickable) you've 3 options:

in quick reply you can add an underscore "_" to the start e.g. _To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. use the
or [php] tags e.g. [code]To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. these can be added manually.
uncheck the box for automatic parsing on the 'go advanced' screen.
You do appear to only have the basic editor for quick reply. If you want to change this go to World of Digital (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. scroll to the bottom and change the 'message editor interface' to standard or advanced.

As for editing that is a question admin will have to answer...

Cheers Little_Pob... that did the trick.. thank you m8.... woooo hoooo... i can now code my links.:thumbup2:

Test !!!!!!!!!

http://www.world-of-digital.com

:thumbup2: