PDA

View Full Version : Best cooling mod?

olly
23-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I just done the xclamp fix,after 3rrod,but now i want to keep everything cool to try and prevent it happening again.I have seen different ways to cool the internals down,but do not want to be throwing loads of cash at it,as its a second console thats not used to often.

I have seen the single core fan,dual core fans,and whisper fans...that i am considering,but would i be better off with the 1 core fan and whisper fan,or the dual core fans,and just keep the stock fan at the rear.Also seen the 2nd gen cpu/gpu replacement heat sinks,but do not really want to take these off now its working again at this time.

Like i said,do not want to spend to much,but looking for the best solution to keeping things cool,what you think...tried and trusted is best i guess,so let me know,cheers Olly.

tinkertiler
23-11-2009, 09:03 PM
As soon as a 360 ive owned has even shown the slightest sign of playing up ive got rid of it lol i dont trust the xclamp or anything similar to fix the dam thing all it seems to do is prolong it before it dies again lol DO NOT i repeat DO NOT be tempted to buying a intercooler as they are power hungry and cause no end of grief! I.E. melting and catching fire! A few people i know have used the whisper fans and they have worked fine and they do expell more air than the stock fans and they are alot quieter to boot.

I would just make sure that the 360 is not in a confined space so it doesnt bake itself.

olly
23-11-2009, 09:47 PM
So no internal fans at all,except for changing the stock to whisper fans?
The internal one i was looking at is the core ones....like a pc one.

tinkertiler
23-11-2009, 10:13 PM
I think you will find they dont do much as the main problem with the 360 is the gpu and seeing as though its under the dvd drive you cant get a fan on it. Yes them extra heat pipes will help and you could try and put a extra fan in but it aint going to make a great deal of difference.Doing the 12 volt mod on the stock fans will help but it makes the 360 a hell of alot loader or you could do what i did and shorted one by accident and the fans ran at full pelt all the time! well its nice and cool now but it aint half noisy! but as cool as a cucumber in the fridge lol That 360 wont over heat in any great hurry!