PDA

View Full Version : TomTom Version 1.2 Released, Adds Compatibility With Original iPhone and iPod Touch

cozmo
19-11-2009, 05:15 PM
TomTom Version 1.2 Released, Adds Compatibility With Original iPhone and iPod Touch (http://xsellize.com/showpost.php?p=330662&postcount=1)

Version 1.2 of TomTom U.S. & Canada [App Store (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. submitted last week (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. has gone live in the App Store, bringing text-to-speech, lane guidance and a number of other new features to the popular GPS navigation application. Similar updates for a number of other international versions of the application have also begun appearing.

One other important feature of note is the addition of support for the original iPhone and all iPod touch models. The iPod touch lacks internal GPS, however, so those devices would have to paired with an external GPS receiver such as the TomTom car kit (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. in order to function.AWARD-WINNING NAVIGATION EXPERIENCE
- Improved search and route summary screens

DETAILED, UP-TO-DATE MAPS
- FREE updated map from v8.30 to 8.35
- Updated points of interest database

IQ ROUTES TECHNOLOGY
- Updated IQ Routes database with millions of new measurements

ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES
- Added Advanced Lane Guidance in both portrait and landscape mode
- Added Text-to-speech in English US, English UK, English Australia, French Canada, Spanish Latin America
- Added Help Me! emergency menu

DESIGNED AND OPTIMIZED FOR THE IPHONE AND IPOD TOUCH
- Added iPod player support

COMPATIBILITY
- Added support for original iPhone and iPod touch (all models)

should be on appcake or installous before too long oh and all good sites near you :)

Cozmo

Sicilian
19-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Would be nice if they added support for custom poi's so you could add pocketgps safety camera's.

cozmo
19-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Sicilian very true mate that's one thing i thought about it when i put on my iphone unless tomtom update it your stuck with what you have eg update the hole software every time no addon to the software at all but then again i think that's a iphone restriction and not tomtom me personaly i use a standalone tomtom i find it a lot more user friendly :(

Cozmo

Sicilian
19-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Just seen Tomtom 1.2 australia is on appcake, so uk prob wont be too far away :)