PDA

View Full Version : Ipods?

jimlan
18-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi, need a little bit of advice, thinking about getting a ipod touch, but keep seeing 1st gen, 2nd gen, what is it all about?, software upgrades?.

cheers

notanotherone
18-11-2009, 08:11 PM
i have gen 2 ,the 3rd generation is only available in 32 and 64 gb its faster than 2nd generation new features include- voice command, recorderding and land scape keyboard, and making loading a bit more faster nothing big slightly slimmer tbh i like them i have truephone on mine which i think now comes as standard lots of little changes

jimlan
19-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Hi, cheers, I have loads of mp3s on my computer, can I just put them on an ipod?

thanks

Sicilian
19-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi, cheers, I have loads of mp3s on my computer, can I just put them on an ipod?
thanks

Personally i'd got for a IPod Touch 3rd generation. You could jailbreak it and add loads of games/apps etc.. It can also access the web over wifi.

Good deal for an 8gb here New Apple iPod touch 8GB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. And yes you can transfer your music onto the ipod using itunes.

berley
19-11-2009, 11:17 AM
It's worth noting what I've copied and pasted from somewhere else, especially the part in the red

Not every member of the third-generation iPod Touch family is created equally. Essentially, the 8GB iPod Touch model is still running on second-generation hardware that uses a slower processor than the 32GB and 64GB models and lacks support for new features such as Voice Control, OpenGL graphic support, and advanced accessibility features. As we've already seen with the first-generation Touch, future updates to the iPod firmware may bring features that only the latest hardware will support. Obviously, the 8GB model's $199 price tag makes it attractive to prospective buyers, but be aware that the lower price comes at the cost of performance and a few features.
Are you confused about what features are available on the 8GB Touch compared with the 32GB and 64GB versions? So were we. For the record, iPhone OS 3.1 features such as Bluetooth audio, Genius Mixes, and voice memo recording are available on all versions of the third-generation iPod Touch. Voice Control and accessibility settings, however, are the only features we've found so far that can only be found on the 32GB and 64GB Touch models (or iPhone 3GS). In the next few paragraphs, we'll dive into these features a little more to see if they're worthwhile.

jimlan
19-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks for your help guys.

jimlan
07-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi, well got a ipod toch 32 gb 2nd gen, set up to itunes, but when I put my mp3 folders on it, they just all show as single songs, like I just put a folder of 100 johnny cash on, and they are all mixed with other songs I have put on, can get all in alphabetical order, but can you see them as a folder?, hope this makes sence, doh.

cheers

pipehose
28-12-2009, 12:53 AM
got to youtube and search for what you need to do it ill be on youtube videos

Lainie
28-12-2009, 02:14 AM
you can create playlists on your itunes and name them whatever you want. i think i have over 60 playlists on mine. i like to have the artist name and song so when i add tunes i amend them right away. i regularly back my music up to a mem stick though. i have the same one as you i think. 32g 2nd generation ipod touch. after the new year i really need to sort my music out on mine. half is on the netbook and half on the pc and i need to combine them and make only 1 of them the main one to sync my ipods.