PDA

View Full Version : Would u have an iphone without jailbreak ???

cozmo
15-11-2009, 04:37 PM
To be honest i wouldn't have an iphone without jailbreak as its just a hole different world with it dune apple makes such a awesome piece of kit then re-stick it so much so jailbreak is a must have for me i went to carphone warehouse in uk when 3gs came out and paid ?550 for a 32gb 3gs with no contract locked to o2 and within 5min of being home i had unlocked and jailbroke it lol

Its a 100% must have to me but just wondered what others thought

Cozmo :dinner:

Sicilian
15-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Only got mine Thursday & Jail broken mine today, soo glad I looked into jailbreaking it. I wouldn't have it any other way now.

thesparky
15-11-2009, 07:59 PM
ive had mine jailbroken for about 10 months now, never let me down,

the only gripe i have is to keep telling itunes i dont want to update the firmware

a great add-on is Winterboard (found in cydia) this allows you to alter the way the screen looks ie

edges to 3G icons
dim icons
user wallpaper
user lock background
transpararnt dock
solid status bar
server lock example
saurik
no docked icon labels
dim wallpaper
black navigation bars

cozmo
15-11-2009, 09:54 PM
there just too many apps to mention on cydia winterboard is ace i also like 3Gunresticktor that lets u trick apps into thinking there on wifi when on 3G ie play youtube in hd wile on 3g , download apps and podcasts from itunes and appstore over 10meg on 3g and off course my favorite watch live tv on the move with netTV on 3G

Cozmo

Sicilian
16-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Just installed 3Gunrestrictor and netTV, keep posting the tip's please Cozmo :)

thesparky
16-11-2009, 03:02 PM
do you have to pay for 3Gunrestrictor?

if so do you have to play for it again if you format the phone?

Sicilian
16-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Search in cydia, there was a cracked version :wink:

thesparky
16-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Search in cydia, there was a cracked version :wink:
lol i did, its asking for $2.99

Sicilian
16-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Search for this: -

3G Unrestrictor Cracked

thesparky
16-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Search for this: -

3G Unrestrictor Cracked

i must have an out of date cydia, thanks anyway m8

will try and update it

Sicilian
16-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm using cydia what blackra1n installed, if that helps.

thesparky
16-11-2009, 03:59 PM
found it, it's under the "To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. source

cozmo
16-11-2009, 05:22 PM
no thesparky your cydia is not out of date u need to add the right repo to cydia m8 the cracked 3gunresrtictor is on the sinfuliphonerpeo and the beyouriphone one ok m8 add them and you will find np also if you buy it cydia will remembers you even after full format jailbreak as it registers you email to it ok m8

lol beat me too it but version 1.07 newest version is under "http://repo.beyouripone.com/" one ok m8 its 1.06 on sinfull unless they have updated

Cozmo

thesparky
16-11-2009, 05:56 PM
any idea on a skype app that works on a modded phone as itunes version has warned me it wont work?

cozmo
16-11-2009, 06:53 PM
i don't use skype on a iphone myself but i think the problem its moaning about is that it only works on wi-fi as the tight ass network want you to pay for a call and not use voice over ip apps like skype but im 99% sure if you put skype in 3gunrestrictor it will work for u on the move on 3g rembemer for some apps to work in 3gunrestictor u have to click on the arrow at the end of the app after u have added and change switch from off to on i know for itunes and app store this is 100% must most apps don't but remeber if you cant get it to go its worth a try

heres a handy link tell u what works in 3G unrestrictor and don't http://mofodj.net/~crashx/mobile/3G_Unrestrictor_verified_apps.html

Cozmo ;)

wullboy
16-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Guy`s ive been reading the posts, i have a legit iphone on 02, tell me, is it worth getting the phone jailbroken, it seem as if there is a lot of pro`s & con`s, especially fora computer novice like myself, ive never been a fan of the iphone since i got it, as it ties you to everything & it doesn`t have vidoe calling, which i was a user of, so i think the phone is hyped up a little, but making the best of it, as i only have 14 months to go, to getting out of it :rofl: Cheers guys !!

Sicilian
16-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Guy`s ive been reading the posts, i have a legit iphone on 02, tell me, is it worth getting the phone jailbroken, it seem as if there is a lot of pro`s & con`s, especially fora computer novice like myself, ive never been a fan of the iphone since i got it, as it ties you to everything & it doesn`t have vidoe calling, which i was a user of, so i think the phone is hyped up a little, but making the best of it, as i only have 14 months to go, to getting out of it :rofl: Cheers guys !!

Defo worth Jailbreaking it imo :trustme:

First thing to do its, post what firmware you though, then the guys here can post the best method of jailbreaking it.

Press settings > General > About > Post the Version no.

Once jailbroken, theres soo many apps/games etc..If you know where to look :wink:

cozmo
16-11-2009, 08:07 PM
wullboy very easy to jailbreak with blackra1n and unlock as long as u make sure you are upto date with the software in itunes eg 3.1.2 so computer novice really is not that bad with blackra1n app as made very very easy to use as for the jailbreak its a hold different world until u get there you just wont understand what i mean once you go there you will never go back best thing i can say is just play and see best thing is its nearly impossible to brick an iphone so don't worry about it. If it messes up you can always restore it in itunes just backup first

Cozmo

wullboy
16-11-2009, 08:21 PM
ok guy`s my version is 3.1.2. [ 7d11 ] so i take it, it is up to date then ?? so im going to look into this and see whats what .... must be worth a look at least, yea .... Cheers guys !!

bawheed
27-06-2010, 02:03 PM
hi guys i have an iphone 3g running firmware versiom 4.0, what is the best way to jailbreak the phone Ta

Hoagy
27-06-2010, 06:58 PM
ok guy`s my version is 3.1.2. [ 7d11 ] so i take it, it is up to date then ?? so im going to look into this and see whats what .... must be worth a look at least, yea .... Cheers guys !!

spirit will jailbreak yours no problem.
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/f223/spirit-jailbreak-ipad-iphone-ipod-touch-36006.html