PDA

View Full Version : Lite-on drive..flash from 1.6 to 1.61 when released

cerapod
30-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Bought a new xbox around 6mnths ago that had a Lite-on drive.
I didn't have a probe at the time so took it to a shop cos I wanted it flashing quickly.

What I need to know is though,the drive was flashed in the shop with ixtreme 1.6.

When the 1.61 firmware is released for the Lite-on,do I need a probe to read the key or can I just connect a SATA lead and get the key from the 1.6 firmware?

I don't really wanna be taking it to a shop again so please say it doesn't need a probe!!!

cerapod
30-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Its ok, I've sorted it out now.

tinkertiler
30-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Once it has been flashed you dont need the probe anymore. Ixtreme 1.61 has not been released yet all being well it should be along soon. Jungle flasher will flash the drive for you when the firmware is released just go along to the site and read all the tutorials on it and you should be good to go

cerapod
30-10-2009, 11:24 PM
I've done around 15 xbox's using JungleFlasher.
We have a 2nd xbox in another room which is a spoofed samsung ms28. Did that one earlier and running fine.
Just never had the probe for doing Lite-ons and wasn't sure if I needed one or not.

Found a guide but thanks for the info.

Just gotta wait for the firmware.

tinkertiler
31-10-2009, 12:06 AM
You only need the probe to do it once after that its not needed anymore. JF recognises the drive after the flash so you should be fine when the new firmware is out