PDA

View Full Version : dreambox Error 10057

diamond
21-10-2009, 11:46 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi the all sir i have done all that is in the guide but stock on the last bit for last few days know . HOW TO INSTALL A CAM what happens is that when i opean DCC pc ip allreadyin i put dreambox IP i get from box by going to on remote setup expert setup, communication setup and when imake a note put in DCC click connt on DCC this the messange i get ( Error 10057 in function send socket is not conneten) plz any help is help thanks all

This is where the software DCC dreambox control centre comes in, the default name and password on a dreambox is Name = root Password = Dreambox open the software and select your language and choose the connection type for this I choose router, now you will see three pictures the PC ? DREAMBOX ?ROUTER with a thick line going to all of them, put your IP address of the router in the router for instance 192.168.1.1 if this is the correct IP the thick line will change green from the router to the pc, and it should put the pc IP in automatically leaving a red line to the dreambox, leave this software running, now go to menu on the remote and select setup then expert setup press ok on expert setup then ok again on communication setup, on the top right you will see a box with DHCP with the left or right arrow go up to this highlight it and press ok you now have a tick in the box also make sure the enable network box is ticked after this press the green button to save then exit back to a tv channel, when on a tv channel reboot your dreambox after its rebooted press setup then expert setup press ok on expert setup then ok again on communication setup and you will se the IP address of your dreambox, make a note of this and go back too DCC enter your dreambox IP in the dreambox part now you should have a thick green line to the PC-DREAMBOX-Router and exit DCC software.

For instance you have installed a Gemini Image, All the things you need to update your image are contained in the BLUE BUTTON. You can see this by pressing the BLUE button on the remote control & scroll down to addons, once you have selected addons press ok on the remote then scroll down to DOWNLOAD & INSTALL press ok again now you have all the downloads on the screen, the 1st one you see is CAM press ok then you will see all the cams that are available to download, scroll down to the cam you want to download then press ok on the remote, it should download very quick then you get a screen saying ready to install press the green button to save, and complete the same process to download further cams

Sicilian
21-10-2009, 11:57 AM
The answer is in your post. If your trying to install a cam using a Gemini image, just install it via the blue button menu > Settings > Addons Gemini server.

diamond
21-10-2009, 12:18 PM
The answer is in your post. If your trying to install a cam using a Gemini image, just install it via the blue button menu > Settings > Addons Gemini server.
thankyoy for ur replay sir if i go via blue button this error i get (cant resolve hostname URL) thanks

Sicilian
21-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Is your Dreambox connected to the internet via a ethernet cable to your router or whatever your setup is? The dreambox must have an internet connection.

diamond
21-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Is your Dreambox connected to the internet via a ethernet cable to your router or whatever your setup is? The dreambox must have an internet connection.
sir im whit virgin one ethernet cable form moderm to spacom ADSL router from router one ethernet cable to PC and one to the Dreambox is that how it should be or nat sir thankyou ? one omre thing this is first im using a router whih is my friend and he said this router will only work whit sky/talktalk connention.

Sicilian
21-10-2009, 03:02 PM
The dreambox should have its own straight through ethernet cable direct to the router. Once plugged in, go into settings > network settings & make sure all is enabled correctly.

What model dreambox do you have?

diamond
21-10-2009, 04:01 PM
The dreambox should have its own straight through ethernet cable direct to the router. Once plugged in, go into settings > network settings & make sure all is enabled correctly.

What model dreambox do you have?
thankyou sir. It most be my age sir im useing xp home edition wher will this network setting will be sir plz i had look in control panel but could nat find anything plz any help is help thanks

Sicilian
21-10-2009, 04:18 PM
thankyou sir. It most be my age sir im useing xp home edition wher will this network setting will be sir plz i had look in control panel but could nat find anything plz any help is help thanks

Its nothing to do with Windows xp, press menu on your dreambox remote.

Again I ask, what model is your Dreambox?

diamond
21-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Its nothing to do with Windows xp, press menu on your dreambox remote.
Again I ask, what model is your Dreambox?
sorry sir like is said most be my age the Dreembox 500s sir sorry

Sicilian
21-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Ok start by reading this To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and please stop calling me sir :roflmao:

diamond
21-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok start by reading this To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and please stop calling me sir :roflmao:
thankyou so much sir for help i have got all the green lines now in DCC thankyou sir one more question do i use dream flash now or dreambox edit and is it images i need to use or flash files and where can i download from i have some but dont know which is the latest and th right one any help is help thankyou sir

diamond
21-10-2009, 07:00 PM
thank you so much for ur help sir i have all the green lights now in DCC thankyou.1 more question please sir should i use dream edit or wizard flash and which images/flash tje 1 i have is used Gemini _046_DM500_MAX_VA IMG file are right or wrong whith theese i get all the freeview chwnnels but not any other like sky movies et. thankyou any help is help sir

Sicilian
22-10-2009, 09:19 AM
thank you so much for ur help sir i have all the green lights now in DCC thankyou.1 more question please sir should i use dream edit or wizard flash and which images/flash tje 1 i have is used Gemini _046_DM500_MAX_VA IMG file are right or wrong whith theese i get all the freeview chwnnels but not any other like sky movies et. thankyou any help is help sir

That image is fine but you will not be able to view premium channels without a valid subscription or connection to a card sharing server. Card sharing cannot be discussed here, sorry.