PDA

View Full Version : WARNING Modded xbox and LIVE!

tinkertiler
17-10-2009, 09:38 AM
>> It looks like Microsoft started banning users from Xbox LIVE for playing Forza 3 early (the game was leaked on the internet a few days ago). It's not the first time Microsoft puts out the BanHammer from playing leaked games and it will certainly not be the last time. For now it seems to be an Account BAN and not a Console BAN.

Here's a quote of the email banned users got from MS:

Notification of Permanent Suspension: Pre-release title play

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to illegitimate pre-release title play.

Your conduct was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this content and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your conduct is in violation, the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team has enacted this permanent suspension against your gamertag.

During your suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will not be reinstated.

Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension.

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service.

http://i38.tinypic.com/nmc8sp.jpg

It looks like MS has started to ban people for playing games early before there release. Forza 3 is looking like the game that is causing the trouble at the moment so just be careful if you are playing games early while connected to LIVE.

If you want to play the game then disconnect any storage devise that you use when you are on live and hen play the game. After you have finished playing take that game out and then place a older game in the 360 and boot that. Then turn off the console and then turn back on with storage devise attached. And that should clear the xbox memory of the game that has been played and you should be ok.

antihero
25-10-2009, 12:16 PM
>> It looks like Microsoft started banning users from Xbox LIVE for playing Forza 3 early (the game was leaked on the internet a few days ago). It's not the first time Microsoft puts out the BanHammer from playing leaked games and it will certainly not be the last time. For now it seems to be an Account BAN and not a Console BAN.

Here's a quote of the email banned users got from MS:

http://i38.tinypic.com/nmc8sp.jpg

It looks like MS has started to ban people for playing games early before there release. Forza 3 is looking like the game that is causing the trouble at the moment so just be careful if you are playing games early while connected to LIVE.

If you want to play the game then disconnect any storage devise that you use when you are on live and hen play the game. After you have finished playing take that game out and then place a older game in the 360 and boot that. Then turn off the console and then turn back on with storage devise attached. And that should clear the xbox memory of the game that has been played and you should be ok.

Sorry, but i find it very difficult to sympathise with anyone that gets banned.

If you're silly enough to try and play games before release whilst connected to Live you deserve everything you get.

turner123
09-11-2009, 11:45 PM
iv not even played forza 3 and neither have any of my mates and we all have been banned and we all have never played a game before release date i for 1 have never played on live as i was not bothered about that feature...but ms have sh!t on us big time...

they have stopped all games being run from the hdd!!!! meaning no downloaded updates manuel install diddly squat!!!! also media center has been disabled with this latest ban!!!!!

they practually have rendered the xbox useless now!!!!!

yea i know its my fault i got banned but i took every procotion and followed all the guide lines to no avail so ms must be able to see something other!!!

i even connected my hdd to the pc and all the partitions have been wiped or blocked only partition open is 2 and that just got the fonts etc in there.....

i dont agree with how they have rendered the 360 useless in time to come its like we buy the 360 but yet we dont own it!!!! thats what it seems like to me....

ps3 here i come i think

turner123
10-11-2009, 10:06 PM
i did say i know its my fault my console is banned i dont dispute that, but i never played online and was nt even bothered about online play, and tbh i was not arsed i was banned tbvh i just think they hae hit way below the belt this time round and im certainly not the only 1 to think this, i have read many a bord now on xbox forums and many ppl think the same....

i know its my fault but seriously there is no need to render the hdd useless at least on the banned console.....there next wave will be red ringing ppl's xbox's lol efuse them i would nt put it past them, but i think ill follow col onto the ps3 now

Collider
10-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Im scared to turn mine on lmao :)

turner123
10-11-2009, 10:19 PM
cheers to digi for this post hope ppl read it and learn before they try there xbox

There is a way to check if your console is banned without having your hard drive, game saves or profiles mucked up but this MUST be done BEFORE your console is banned.

Follow this guide: * Unplug hard drive and/or memory unit,
* Turn on 360 with ethernet cable/wireless plugged in,
* Go to "system settings" in the dashboard,
* Click on "Network",
* Click on "Test Xbox Live Connection"
* Wait for the results, if it asks you to update click CANCEL.
* Click on "Y (Yellow)" to get the status report up on screen:

If the status reports the following you ARE banned:

W: 0000-0008
X: 0000-F001
Y: 00A8-6820
Z: 8015-190D (see this = banned)
ID: 0008-0000

Any other code in the Z: line such as "Z: 8015 - 1002" means you are NOT banned, the only code that means you are banned is "Z: 8015-190D", that is the banned code.

If the status shows you are banned do NOT connect to live as it will fook up your hard drive, just stay offline, you will then still be able to install games on to hard drive and move your saves/profiles around as normal, the media extender *should* also work

tinkertiler
10-11-2009, 10:54 PM
The other way to check is go to xbox.com and check the status of the warranty. If it is still in warranty then you ain banned if it has a error code then the ban is on its way!! Ive just been on mine and all is well so far lol If i get banned oh well just get another box and wait for the new firmware that is coming out soon. ABGX has major problems with it at the moment and the data base has alot of bad data in it. Red Faction, Madden 10, UFC and a couple of others are known to be faulty and patching wrong data in them.

turner123
10-11-2009, 11:11 PM
The other way to check is go to xbox.com and check the status of the warranty. If it is still in warranty then you ain banned if it has a error code then the ban is on its way!! Ive just been on mine and all is well so far lol If i get banned oh well just get another box and wait for the new firmware that is coming out soon. ABGX has major problems with it at the moment and the data base has alot of bad data in it. Red Faction, Madden 10, UFC and a couple of others are known to be faulty and patching wrong data in them.
i think it was red faction or ufc that did my console but my mate only had his done 2 weeks and only played nfs shift and fifa 10 and he banned lol he just been out and got the super elite....he stupid thou as he crazy about live so why take the risk....n no i never did his 360 pmsl

tinkertiler
10-11-2009, 11:18 PM
fifa 10 was one of the others mentioned too i think lol super elite wont be able to flash that one as i think they have the new lite on drive in them the 9xxx series and they cant be done

turner123
10-11-2009, 11:22 PM
fifa 10 was one of the others mentioned too i think lol super elite wont be able to flash that one as i think they have the new lite on drive in them the 9xxx series and they cant be done
he dont want to flash it lol.....but updates thats the big issue how can we get them on now once the hdd is of no use

tinkertiler
11-11-2009, 06:40 AM
You will still be able to download updtaes off xbox.com an put them on your console with a usb mem stick or off disc but apart from that i.e game updates thats it no go im afraid

Diablo13
11-11-2009, 06:48 AM
We all take a risk by modding our 360's and most of the time it is well worth it to save money on games, we might not otherwise be able to afford to buy. No we can't really blame the industry for trying to stop us playing pirated games and removing Xbox live priviledges. Seems fair enough really. Once you have been banned you can still use your BOUGHT console with hard drive to play games, just without update access.
What is VERY wrong is to completely disable a piece of hardware you have paid for, perhaps as a hard drive addon and not WITH the console purchase. Microshaft always say they do this to protect other users online. If the console cannot go online, but is used to stream music etc from YOUR PC to YOUR XBOX and to play games exclusively IN YOUR OWN HOME, then they cannot legitimately say they are protecting other users from you?
In a few minutes I will find out if my 360 still works, but I think they have exceeded their authority in this case in depriving you of the use of your own property, whatever you do with it!
I also think that to do this they must have downloaded a virus of some sort to disable these functions and I hope they are taken to court for it. It wouldn't be the first time Microshaft have overstepped the mark, been taken to court and LOST!

turner123
11-11-2009, 05:58 PM
so how do i go about loading updates on the 360 with a usb pen?? do i need to make it into flash drive??? if so how??? as i have already tried the usb pen with the updates inside as instructed on there website but no luck as of yet....any help .... lol....

@diablo try the way i posted in this thread to check if your banned that way you wont lose the hard drive function and wont corupt your gamer tag etc

tinkertiler
11-11-2009, 06:11 PM
i would have thought if you have just been banned then the console is up to date and doesnt require the updates on the site. As far as i know all you do is tranfer the files to the pen drive and then run on the console when they are released but i have always done it off disc if i needed too and never had a problem.

turner123
11-11-2009, 08:11 PM
i would have thought if you have just been banned then the console is up to date and doesnt require the updates on the site. As far as i know all you do is tranfer the files to the pen drive and then run on the console when they are released but i have always done it off disc if i needed too and never had a problem.
well the 12 updates on there site i must have or it just simply wont let me install them as all it says on the disk tray is mixed media and just dongs when i click to open it but it just never opens.....im just wondering if we can still update a banned 360 if not im off out to buy a new 1 or even just get the ps3

tinkertiler
11-11-2009, 10:56 PM
you must just have all the updates as there hasnt been any since the ban wave has hit so i wouldnt panic just yet lol

Diablo13
12-11-2009, 06:03 AM
Well today I have been having a mammoth session playing "Dragon Age Origins", about 11 hours with just pee and tea breaks. All was fine and I decided to buy some Microshaft points and download the extra's for the game as I was enjoying it ( I very rarely buy points, as I don't play online). I got both downloads and carried on playing, but along the line I nodded off for a bit. The 360 stayed switched on and online.
When I woke up maybe an hour later and carried on playing till I could save it, I got a message onscreen asking if I wanted to connect to the "Dragon Age" website for some more updates. I agreed as I thought I would do it before turning the machine off. BUT instead of connecting I got a message saying "this console has been BANNED for non compliance"!
SH11111111T! :mad:
It's the first time I have been banned and I have no idea why it suddenly happened, I did not play games before official release. The only thing I can guess at is that abgx doesn't do its job at all as it cant cope with wave 4 properly yet. I would advise anyone for their own good NOT to use the boot disk and play wave 4 games, until abgx is updated and can confirm the stealth mode in wave 4!
Hopefully it is just the online side of the console that no longer works, as I stopped the game, removed the net cable and reloaded the game from my hdd at the last save point correctly.
I will not try to put it back online now, so as long as I can still play with myself on it, thats not too bad! :-"