PDA

View Full Version : DM600c problem

pande_monium
06-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Problem: Got a DM600c with Mr Dude's image on it. Works a charm... but every so often, it hangs up and all channels go blank.
Workaround: A simple Restart Enigma sorts it out.
But, this happens so often and sometimes just when the scene is so crucial, that it has become really annoying. Does anybody know the reason why this happens? Looks like a chmod problem... but on which file(s)/folder(s).

Note: I had installed the PLi Image a month back and this problem didn't occur on PLi. The reason I switched back to MrDude's Enigma image is that on the PLi, the time constantly went back to 01/01/1970 evertime the box was turned off/rebooted and the EPG gets totally botched. As if this wasn't enough, all the locked adult channels get unlocked and on a couple of occasions have been a terrible embarrassment to the family. Again, this looks like a chmod problem... but, for the life of me, I can't find out which file(s)/folder(s) its on.

notanotherone
06-10-2009, 02:08 PM
m8 ive been running MR Dudes since he borught it out in fact sic gave me a copy of it ive never had any problems with it at all,when i get a chance ill check mines to see whta differnces there is

Sicilian
06-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Strange, if I remember right mrdudes image was just a slightly modded pli image. I'll think about this one.

Magnu420
06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Strange, if I remember right mrdudes image was just a slightly modded pli image. I'll think about this one.

yeah it is a modded version of pli

ive been using mr dudes enigma image ever since he brought it out well over
two years ago,never had any problems,if you want i can get a back up of
the one i use and get it to you

pande_monium
07-10-2009, 01:19 AM
Please ! Would appreciate that immensely!

If you can please PM me your paypal addy, I'll transfer some money across to you for posting a CD to me. Alternatively, if you can upload it somewhere and PM me the details, that'll work for me equally well.

MANY MANY thanks in advance for your kind gesture.

Magnu420
07-10-2009, 01:33 AM
i wouldnt take money for doing this

il find the back up and upp it up somewhere

pande_monium
07-10-2009, 01:57 AM
You, kind sir... are an officer and a gentleman!

Once again, thank you kindly.

buckthehero
08-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Hi all

any chance i can get the link to this image? Wouldnt mind having a look at this one.

buck

Sicilian
08-10-2009, 09:06 AM
@ Pande, if your dude image is hanging this week its prob becuase theres been 3 keys rolls. Try restarting the emu in blue button menu or reboot box & wait for update on premium channel.

pande_monium
08-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Hey Sic,

My image had problems mate... the AU fix wasn't updated correctly amongst other inherent issue. I had to manually change the keys each time they rolled!

This image is MUCH better... and sooooo different from the one I had.

Think I picked one of the primitive ones that MrDude may have initially come out with.

Magnu420
09-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi all

any chance i can get the link to this image? Wouldnt mind having a look at this one.

buck

pm sent....

buckthehero
09-10-2009, 11:54 PM
right im getting the hump!!

buckthehero
13-10-2009, 12:48 PM
ok, this is doing my head right in,

put on the new image - thanks mags - but I am still getting only BBC1, BBC2, ITV and channel 4, all the rest are black. i get all the info whats on etc but nothing on the screen. Was using Nabilo dark star image till the keys rolled, and even after updating via the update key plugin, i am still getting no channels.

i got out the the old dm500 from the shed, updated the keys manually - and hey presto all working.

what am i doing wrong???

Is their a way I can reset the box back to how i received it and start all over - as when I flash it never seems to ask me to set up right from the beginning, putting in dates and times.

Thanks for any advice

buck

Sicilian
13-10-2009, 01:08 PM
You need to apply the nov 08 rom 7 fix into the keys & scce folders, then restart evocamd in bluebutton menu,

buckthehero
13-10-2009, 08:22 PM
doh..... nice one sic...im going to get the hang of these things one day!

thanks to all others for their help to

Buck