PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help? Nokia 9500s media master

Studulike
23-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Hello,

Can anyone help? I purchased a Nokia Media Master 9500s for ?10 from a car boot.
The bloke who sold it to me didn't know what it was. So thought give it a try.

Opening the front of the box I see a slot in card about 10mm thick with 2.3 inbedded on the front and when removed says "IRDETO complete pay tv systems" written on the top along with conditional access and a serial number with bar code. It looks like a thick PC card.
There is also a Open Platform Gold card in the card slot that someone has written IRDETO Mumma on. I guess this is a decrypt card.

I am moving home soon and the house I am moving to has a sat dish so would like to give a go.
I already have a DBox2 and have used for last few years so know what I am doing with that, just have not got a clew with this box.

Can anyone help me out on this one. Just need to know what I have to do to get it going.

Thanks in advance.

krazylegz
24-08-2009, 04:33 PM
from what i gather these are just basicly a dbox1, so theres not much use from it, and as it only has a irdeto card reader means you cant use most cards in it just irdeto ones

Dr X
27-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Like krazylegz has mentioned m8, i`m afraid it`s a FTA box if anything so you picked up a cheap FTA receiver (FREE TO AIR)