PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry (64 bit)

Shipoftheline
22-05-2006, 10:23 AM
I don't know if anyone has played the 64 bit version but you'll notice the difference straight away in the graphics department.
32 bit screenshot (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 64 bit screenshot (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 32 bit screenshot (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 64 bit screenshot (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. The AMD64 version of Far Cry is now available for the new Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition operating system. The AMD64 version is an upgrade that installs on top of the retail, boxed version and gives you an enhanced Far Cry experience. The free AMD64 upgrade supports both single- and multi-player modes. With an AMD64 processor and the new Windows® XP Pro x64 operating system, you can now enjoy Far Cry with additional content, higher frame rates, enhanced textures, longer view distances, and more objects with real-time physics. Take a look at the images below to see these improvements for yourself.
64 bit Trailer (http://cdrom.amd.com/devconn/farcry/100k_farcry.wmv)
Don't forget the Expansion Pack is due out soon :)

jay
22-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Good post Shipoftheline, you can really see the difference in those screenshots
I love the game, way ahead of it's time when it came out
Really looks and plays great under x64 conditions

I got Farcry Evolution for my new(old) xbox(never had one before) and the graphics on it are awful, I much rather play on the pc

Shipoftheline
22-05-2006, 11:07 AM
I agree about the graphics on the xbox but thought the story was better plus the extra transports :)

little_pob
27-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Have you seen the screen shots for the farcry follow-up, crysis?

http://www.electronicarts.co.uk/games/8456/Screenshots/

Shipoftheline
27-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Yep game use's the same engine so graphics wont be any different but thats not a bad thing :)

jay
27-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm Buying That......awesome

watto_uk
16-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes. I've played it on both 32 and 64 bit o/s. You can certainly see the difference and there's not really any performance hit. (well, not with my X1900, anyway :9: )