PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 ISO Verifier

Sicilian
31-07-2009, 08:54 AM
As the title peeps, check out your Windows 7 iso's with free little tool :)

Windows 7 ISO Verifier, for your downloading pleasure - istartedsomething (http://www.istartedsomething.com/20090706/windows-7-iso-verifier/)

Collider
31-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Nice post sicilian,lmao though at the amount of windows 7 activators,think theres more than windows 7 relases now lol

DessertDog
31-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Tried to install windows seven on a 64 bit pc in the shed im playing with got so far then said it couldnt find the dvd rom driver lmfao never had that come up with ny other op system.

Sicilian
31-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Tried to install windows seven on a 64 bit pc in the shed im playing with got so far then said it couldnt find the dvd rom driver lmfao never had that come up with ny other op system.

m8, I had the exact same nightmare, thought my burner was shot, so went & bought a new drive, only to have the same issue. In the end I dug out an old Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-106, about 10years old! Worked straight away lol!

I found you dont get this issue with any of the Ultimate E or any x86 version's, currently floating about. Only the retail, rtm & oem x64 versions have this issue. The only reason I never used the E version was becuase the leaked oem key dont work with it.

thedoon
01-08-2009, 12:20 PM
yep i had same prob asking four dvd driver with retail ver on 1 pc ..then i put the same retail on the clevo M72R notebook it went on no probs .well when i got a key to work had a list of them first no good but the second one all ok ..and must say it works a treat for now

Diablo13
03-08-2009, 05:42 AM
The "Retail" Win 7 is a very nice operating system. When it is installed it finds and installs many drivers for diverse bits of kit, both x86 and x64 bit. The one pain in the bum with it is that you HAVE to do a completely clean install if you have previously tried the Beta versions. That is a real slap in the chops for all the people who helped Microshaft out by testing their new kiddy for free! It will upgrade from XP or Vista though.
Are you sure you didn't try to upgrade from a beta version and that caused your problems?
Incidentally there is a foolproof way of registering your copy of Win 7 now, which has nothing to do with codes, cracks or patches. It is called a SLIC bios and modified versions of a lot of mb bio'ses are around.
I don't propose to go into details about that on here, but if you Google it you may find out things to your advantage! It works flawlessly if you get the right commands or tools, I know. ;)

little_pob
04-08-2009, 10:45 AM
... The only reason I never used the E version was becuase the leaked oem key dont work with it.Apparently MS have blocked the Levano OEM key.

The "Retail" Win 7 is a very nice operating system. When it is installed it finds and installs many drivers for diverse bits of kit, both x86 and x64 bit. The one pain in the bum with it is that you HAVE to do a completely clean install if you have previously tried the Beta versions. That is a real slap in the chops for all the people who helped Microshaft out by testing their new kiddy for free! It will upgrade from XP or Vista though.
Are you sure you didn't try to upgrade from a beta version and that caused your problems?My mate was saying he managed to upgrade from the 7100 'RC' build to the 7600 'RTM' build.

I know MS said it wasn't going to be possible. But it sort of makes sence seeing how you can upgrade from Vista which is kernel version 6.0 and Win7 is 6.1.

Incidentally there is a foolproof way of registering your copy of Win 7 now, which has nothing to do with codes, cracks or patches. It is called a SLIC bios and modified versions of a lot of mb bio'ses are around.
I don't propose to go into details about that on here, but if you Google it you may find out things to your advantage! It works flawlessly if you get the right commands or tools, I know. ;)

PM sent... ;)

Sicilian
04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Apparently MS have blocked the Levano OEM key.

MS plan to block the key, but is currently still working ok. Doubt that it will get blocked until a new WGA is out on windows updates or till SP1 comes out. Dont worry the Lenovo keys still activates retail or oem versions of x86 & x64 currently available, when using either a modded slic2.1 bios or one of the cracks available.

Tbh by the time MS block the key I reckon machines with W7 installed will be in stores so more oem keys will be available. Once macghine are in stores with their oem keys will not get black listed. The reason the Lenovo key is getting black listed is becuase no machine have actually been shipped using this key. If your worried about the key getting blocked dont use updates until more oem keys are available.

little_pob
04-08-2009, 11:29 AM
From what I briefly read with regards MS blocking the key I was left with the impression they had already done it - but I was looking for info on Win7 OEM prices for someone so perhaps didn't read it fully.

Certainly both MS and Lenovo have promised that no machines will be available on the 22nd October which have been activated against the blacklisted key.

Sicilian
04-08-2009, 11:42 AM
From what I briefly read with regards MS blocking the key I was left with the impression they had already done it - but I was looking for info on Win7 OEM prices for someone so perhaps didn't read it fully.
Certainly both MS and Lenovo have promised that no machines will be available on the 22nd October which have been activated against the blacklisted key.

It could be blacklisted already, but this wouldn't stop the user from activating their W7 install using any of the slic2.1 methods as this is performed locally & NOT contacting MS servers for activation :wink:

Now I can confirm activated systems using the slic2.1 method are taking windows updates and validating as genuine. How long this is gonna last with the current key is anyones guess....

I'd just make sure you dont install any wga updates atm.

Diablo13
05-08-2009, 08:50 AM
It could be blacklisted already, but this wouldn't stop the user from activating their W7 install using any of the slic2.1 methods as this is performed locally & NOT contacting MS servers for activation :wink:

Now I can confirm activated systems using the slic2.1 method are taking windows updates and validating as genuine. How long this is gonna last with the current key is anyones guess....

I'd just make sure you dont install any wga updates atm.

The Slic 2.1 or Site LICense activation is done using a Dell, HP, Asus or other manufacturers license at Bios level. Activation rights to the RTM version of Win 7 have to be sent to them before general release so that they can install Win 7 on their ready built machines to sell to the public as complete systems, or laptops. Obviously they need to build these macines before official release date, so that they are on retailers shelves in time.
If Microshaft were to try to block Site LICences all these machines would have to be recalled for fixing, costing everyone involved a lot of time and money. There is no patch or crack involved, so Win7 is to all intents and purposes officialy licensedl, no matter what it's ORIGINAL source was.
Yes it does update as normal incidentally.
I was told how to do this by my friend and mentor because Microshaft stated that they were aware of people using "Blue Badge" activations and patches and that they intended to stop it! Unless I am VERY misinformed the safest and logically best way of activation is with the SLIC 2.1 Bios adapter.
As soon as the official release in a couple of months, as Sicillian has already said, thousands of licenses will be availlable and stopping it would be trying to close the stable door after the horses, pigs, sheep cows and ducks had alreadfy bolted! :oops: :lol3: