PDA

View Full Version : New iPhone 3 GS

wullboy
18-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Well, what do i think of my new apple iphone, NOT A LOT, iv`e just found out that the new fang dangile up to date spec phone, does not even give you Video Calling,vidoe calling is now old hat, so, what was apple thinging about, video calling is something i used and im not impressed that an up to date latest technology phone does not even have this, Yes, lot of gismo`s, but a lack of forwardness on apples part, Sorry not impressed !!

Collider
18-07-2009, 05:32 PM
The iPhone 3GS has a 3.0 megapixel camera which tbh is pretty crap for the price you pay

thelostone
20-07-2009, 09:50 AM
It is a nice looking piece of kit but when you look at the specs on some of the other touch screen mobiles out there imo you do pay a lot for what you get.Having said that as far as i no it is still one of the best touch screens out there but the others are catching up

pande_monium
23-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Its never been said that the iPhone was breaking any thresholds in technology. Its not WHAT the iPhone can do that's breathtaking... its HOW it does it that is.

Granted, it is nowhere in the same league as the medium-spec phones these days. But then, the companies who make them have been in this particular business for donkey's years. And how long has Apple been manufacturing phones? 3 years.

And yet, it has, in these 3 years, grasped practically the whole world by the neck and shaken us all up. This wake up call isn't because the iPhone offers you 50Megapixels... or 1 Terabyte of memory... or a holographic display... or a projected keyboard...

What the iPhone really does is, take each task and make it ridiculously intuitive and simple for anybody to do/follow. And yes, its made it look quite a bit nicer too. What's the result? A mega-selling handset that has scared the likes of Nokia/LG/Samsung/BB... all of them.

I'm not really impressed with the iPhone myself. Which is why I've not bought the 3G or 3GS. However, I did buy the iPhone 2G. Quite frankly, I think its a ridiculously overpriced piece of kit. I await the iPhone which shall be out in June 2011. Reason? That's the version that'll actually be abreast of the market leaders in technology. When the iPhone is behind the market leaders, it creates such a storm. I wonder what it'll do when it actually starts innovating the technology.

Wully... please may I have your iPhone if you're not interested in it? :) Pretty please with sugar on top? Raspberries & strawberries even? Whipped cream perhaps? Chocolate?

thelostone
23-07-2009, 02:34 PM
And yet, it has, in these 3 years, grasped practically the whole world by the neck and shaken us all up. This wake up call isn't because the iPhone offers you 50Megapixels... or 1 Terabyte of memory... or a holographic display... or a projected keyboard...
Thats the specs for the new one:roflmao:

I'm not really impressed with the iPhone myself. Which is why I've not bought the 3G or 3GS. However, I did buy the iPhone 2G. Quite frankly, I think its a ridiculously overpriced piece of kit.
I will agree with that even on auction sites they sell for silly money

Wully... please may I have your iPhone if you're not interested in it? :) Pretty please with sugar on top? Raspberries & strawberries even? Whipped cream perhaps? Chocolate?
OI you have already got one:roflmao:

pande_monium
23-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey... I never said I wouldn't like to have one if I could get it on the cheap !!

wullboy
23-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Its never been said that the iPhone was breaking any thresholds in technology. Its not WHAT the iPhone can do that's breathtaking... its HOW it does it that is.

Granted, it is nowhere in the same league as the medium-spec phones these days. But then, the companies who make them have been in this particular business for donkey's years. And how long has Apple been manufacturing phones? 3 years.

What the iPhone really does is, take each task and make it ridiculously intuitive and simple for anybody to do/follow. And yes, its made it look quite a bit nicer too. What's the result? A mega-selling handset that has scared the likes of Nokia/LG/Samsung/BB... all of them.

I'm not really impressed with the iPhone myself. Which is why I've not bought the 3G or 3GS. However, I did buy the iPhone 2G. Quite frankly, I think its a ridiculously overpriced piece of kit. I await the iPhone which shall be out in June 2011. Reason? That's the version that'll actually be abreast of the market leaders in technology. When the iPhone is behind the market leaders, it creates such a storm. I wonder what it'll do when it actually starts innovating the technology.

Pande m8, why of course you can have my 32g iphone, show us your lolly [ ?500 ] :roflmao:

pande_monium
24-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Pande m8, why of course you can have my 32g iphone, show us your lolly [ ?500 ] :roflmao:

Think you've got one too many zeroes mate... :9:

notanotherone
24-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Think you've got one too many zeroes mate... :9:
and methinks the 5 should be a 1 :roflmao:im still waiting for gazer to send me mine :pray:

Gazer
24-07-2009, 03:26 PM

What can i say ....look at the blackberry :roflmao:

But as pande says iphone as never gone out to break any thresholds in Technology...... BUT it as.
yes it does not have video calling on it, but how meany ever used it ? i only know of 2 of my mates that had it.
its the best internet i have ever seen on a mobile phone
The only down side i can find with it at the moment is there is no flash on it, which i would of thought we would of seen this on the 3g s.... this is one reason why iam not moving away from this 3g
But give it a couple more years and i think no one will come near what the iphone will be able to do then.

and methinks the 5 should be a 1 :roflmao:im still waiting for gazer to send me mine :pray:

You got no chance nao :D

pande_monium
25-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Yep NAO... as Gazer says... you've got no chance. I'm getting it actually :roflmao:

Gazer - I actually don't like the BBs, because, like the iPhone, even it doesn't come up to scratch, spec-wise, that is. The only thing going for it was the push email and MS Exchange connectivity... and the iPhone does it too! Kinda makes the BB completely redundant, eh?