PDA

View Full Version : samsung bd-p2500 usb ?/ mkv ?

broony2005
17-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi there
I have a samsung bd-p2500 player, as far as i know the usb is only for bd-live downloads and firmware upgrades.
however is there any way i can watch movies from the usb drive, also is there any way i can watch mkv movies on this player

thanks in advance

DessertDog
31-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Late reply i know sorry you can convert MKV files there is a free program if your still about and need it pm me m8 and ill post it.

Collider
31-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Here it is ;)

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/f211/convert-mkv-file-mpg-less-than-29965.html

little_pob
01-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Must have missed this on 'new posts' too DD...

As you've found the USB port is currently for BD-live and firmware updates only. There may be future updates and/or firmware hacks that expand the USB, but nothing currently. You are therefore stuck with burning to disc. But the player doesn't support .mkv files, so they need converting.

To maintain the 720p/1080p resolution of the .mkv files you need to convert them to AVCHD or .m2ts. I would suggest some reading up on this as it seems that not all .mkv files are able to be quickly converted (or converted at all). Then burn to a blank DVD/Blu-Ray disc. (BD writers are still prohibitively expensive for me, but I shouldn't assume that no-one has one.)

You could look for a method to use the ethernet connection, as the US version of the BD-P2500 supports netflix (a subscription-based VOD service) streaming. However, nothing is mentioned on the owners thread over on AVForums.