PDA

View Full Version : pace 1000

ptaz
13-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi

I have a ex cw pace box ditv1000. I want it to work in tw area. I have tried force update but it still dose not work. Everytime I boot up it goes to ntl image. I want to update the software on it, how would i go about doin this without lifting the attys. Can I use pc and connect to the box to update the software, if so how?

Thanks in advance.

bammy
14-07-2006, 08:56 AM
You'll need to lift the atmels to do it - there's no other way, unless you get hold of a telewest test simm.

edcase
14-07-2006, 11:12 AM
You'll need to lift the atmels to do it - there's no other way, unless you get hold of a telewest test simm.

A telewest simm wont help you, unless it has been programmed with test simm dumps (which involves lifting the two atmels on the simm anyway)!It would be just as easy (or should I say difficult!!) to lift the mainboard atmels and program them with telewest dumps.

The only exCW box that will simply switch over to telewest is the ditv1000-phase-1b, also the 4000N model will work to some extent. Maybe you know somebody who has one of these that you could swap your 1000 model for?

edcase

bammy
14-07-2006, 05:13 PM
@edcase - agreed, which is why I said 'a telewest test simm'

edcase
14-07-2006, 05:44 PM
@edcase - agreed, which is why I said 'a telewest test simm'

You did aswell! Apologies, I misread your post.

edcase

yuorz
16-07-2006, 05:28 PM
I've got a 1000t will this work in an ex C&W area or do I need to flash the atmels?

Thought I may as well post in here instead of creating a new thread.

bammy
16-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Why don't you and the original poster have a private chat - you might be able to do each other a favour :)

DRE
26-01-2007, 05:42 PM
can anybody give me guidence on lifting the atmels on 1000.
Cheers

gwapo
27-01-2007, 02:24 PM
can anybody give me guidence on lifting the atmels on 1000.
Cheers

I would also like some help on this procedure please.

bammy
29-01-2007, 06:20 PM
You might find the situation has changed since this thread was started - I believe if you set your netid to one of the ones already rolling out virgin media software, let the box take the update and then set the netid back to your own, then a exC&W box will work in Telewest and vice-versa. I've done this on a Telewest 2000T myself, now working in exC&W, and I've heard it works for other boxes too.

gwapo
30-01-2007, 08:19 PM
You might find the situation has changed since this thread was started - I believe if you set your netid to one of the ones already rolling out virgin media software, let the box take the update and then set the netid back to your own, then a exC&W box will work in Telewest and vice-versa. I've done this on a Telewest 2000T myself, now working in exC&W, and I've heard it works for other boxes too.

I'd like to try your suggestion.

What netid should I set my box to?