When i connect my clone dm600 it keeps coming up

" integer not a true value

trying to reflash box with new image

any ideas?

thanks

ian

wullboy
10-06-2009, 07:54 PM
if i remember correctly buck, when you bring up dream-up, it should recognise your box, you then go and upload your image to dream-up, you then start dream-up, and then you plug in your dreambox to the mains,
Hope this helps m8

buckthehero
11-06-2009, 01:22 PM
will try that tonight, cheers buck

Sicilian
11-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Is there anykind of image currently flashed to the box?

You may just be able to ftp a new image to /tmp/ the flash the box via telnet.

Sicilian
11-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Here's a couple more methods of flashing a DM600: -

Important, You must know what IP address your DB will have, post flash erase. My DB always gets the same IP address from the router when I use DHCP. The IP is assigned based on MAC address, so never changes from image to image.
If someone else can, please chip in with a way of figuring out your IP address otherwise.
1: Turn on DHCP in the communications page and note down the IP address your DB was assigned.
2: Remove the power supply lead from the back of the DB, hold in the power/standby button, plug in the power supply again (While keeping the button pressed). Give it about 15 secs and flash should be erased.
It only actually takes about 10 secs, You will notice that the flashing pattern on the LEDs will have changed.
3: Open up your favorite web browser and type in the IP address you noted earlier. You will see a green page load. Click the link labeled 'upgrade firmware' (or similar) on the bottom left of the page. Browse to and select your the NFI image file on your PC. Click the button to proceed.
4: Once the flash progress meter has reached 100%, turn the DB off then on again.
That's it, You have a new image in flash.

Method 2.

telnet dreambox-ip and the execute the following commands :

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

Then type the DM600 ip into internet explorer & select firmware upgrade, then browse to your new image.

buckthehero
12-06-2009, 05:43 PM
sic

telnet worked a treat but still a few teething problems which im sure I will sort out when im not a one eyed beer monster dribbling whilst doint it like i was last night.

Cheers mate

Buck

Sicilian
12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Post the issues in the DM600 section, i'm sure we can get them sorted :)

compufunk
27-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Here's a couple more methods of flashing a DM600: -
Important, You must know what IP address your DB will have, post flash erase. My DB always gets the same IP address from the router when I use DHCP. The IP is assigned based on MAC address, so never changes from image to image.
If someone else can, please chip in with a way of figuring out your IP address otherwise.
1: Turn on DHCP in the communications page and note down the IP address your DB was assigned.
2: Remove the power supply lead from the back of the DB, hold in the power/standby button, plug in the power supply again (While keeping the button pressed). Give it about 15 secs and flash should be erased.
It only actually takes about 10 secs, You will notice that the flashing pattern on the LEDs will have changed.
3: Open up your favorite web browser and type in the IP address you noted earlier. You will see a green page load. Click the link labeled 'upgrade firmware' (or similar) on the bottom left of the page. Browse to and select your the NFI image file on your PC. Click the button to proceed.
4: Once the flash progress meter has reached 100%, turn the DB off then on again.
That's it, You have a new image in flash.
Cough Cough, That text looks familiar. :D

thedoon
30-08-2009, 07:22 PM
as wullboy said do it that way ...if u have to di it agn ...as most of the images now days are recomended to use ser cable and dreamup or outher prog
anyway we all do it differnt er