PDA

View Full Version : dbox2 help required

mastatimrulez
05-06-2009, 10:21 PM
ive now moved to a non cable area and wondering if i could just get a satellite dbox2 and use it like the cable one? any help would be much appreciated :)

wullboy
05-06-2009, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=mastatimrulez;166319]ive now moved to a non cable area and wondering if i could just get a satellite dbox2 and use it like the cable one? any help would be much appreciated :)[/QUOTE ]

No m8, the nokia dbox2 satelite boxes do not work in the uk !!

mastatimrulez
05-06-2009, 10:47 PM
oh ok, what are my alternatives to a dbox2 for satellite as i found the cable dbox2 very easy to use?

mastatimrulez
07-06-2009, 01:31 AM
some research on google says a dbox2 with a motorised dish is the way forward?

dx100-uk
07-06-2009, 02:57 AM
some research on google says a dbox2 with a motorised dish is the way forward?

yes but it will not decrypt any sky channels.

i suggest you investigate cardsharing
but we don't cover that here

use google

dx

mastatimrulez
10-06-2009, 12:30 AM
would the dbox2 still be ok or would i be looking at a new receiver? will investigate cs ;) btw are there any english images for satellite?

dx100-uk
10-06-2009, 09:12 AM
would the dbox2 still be ok or would i be looking at a new receiver? will investigate cs ;) btw are there any english images for satellite?

saadiq99uk [or close!] is your boy for this
but dbox2 sat will be ok
i think there re new images out too
look in the image downloads section

dx

mastatimrulez
11-06-2009, 12:19 PM
couldnt find any in the satellite downloads, will the cable images work?

fergalsworld
11-06-2009, 12:28 PM
If you have not bought a sat dbox then dont bother get a technomate instead as there
is a lot more support for them and are very easy to set up something like a TM 5400 CI+ USB

mastatimrulez
13-06-2009, 12:00 AM
are the the cheaper and dearer models just the same (supportwise and easy set up) as i only purely want it as a receiver, no recording, etc.

berley
13-06-2009, 12:38 AM
i've got a dm600 original, but you can get a clone of the same model for less than half the price, from what i've read apart from the clone being 'choosy' with cetain images it does just the same as the original

mastatimrulez
14-06-2009, 12:35 AM
how do i know which is a clone and which is a original tm? or are they made by another brand?

krazylegz
15-06-2009, 09:02 AM
how do i know which is a clone and which is a original tm? or are they made by another brand?

technomates arent cloned, all technomates are original, however i would recommend a linux based receiver such as a dreambox.

if you buy a 500s now that is 100% guaranteed to be a clone as dream mulitimedia stopped making them about 2 years ago.

there is only a few places in the uk that sell genuine boxes like Satstore DreamBox Dragon cam TREX T-REX UK ATMega Funcard DreamBox (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. or SMS The Dreamboxshop official distributors of Dream- multimedia satellite receivers. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. any other places such a dvbmonkey or dvb seller are clones, and i wouldnt recommend ordering from dvbmonkey as people have waited months for there boxes to arrive.

clones usually work spot on aslong as you dont put gemini images on, and i wouldnt recommend using a dbox2 for satellite as theres hardly any images about for these

hope this helps

mastatimrulez
18-06-2009, 11:04 PM
are the dreamboxes just as easy as the dbox2's to set up and operate? also does it matter if i get a cheaper end one, as the newer ?400 ones seem to be like a pc and thats not what i want it for, its purely just for use as a satellite receiver.

mastatimrulez
18-06-2009, 11:45 PM
im thinking maybe a dm500c?

Sicilian
19-06-2009, 07:19 AM
im thinking maybe a dm500c?

The DM500S clones are ok for use just as a satellite receiver. Or why not treat yourself to a Openmedia 500CS, you'll get two DM500's in one, a cable & satellite box in one unit :)

Open Media 500cs (2 in1) [opencs] - ?108.99 : SimpleSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. You could even get an extra 5% discount by requesting the discount code here To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Also you'll get 1 year warranty with the Openmedia 500CS.

mastatimrulez
23-06-2009, 04:22 PM
already have a cable dbox2 that i cant use at my new house anymore, no point getting a dual box im afraid. am i correct in thinking with a dreambox and a motorised dish, you can pick up sky channels, or is it just the non sky ones?

dx100-uk
23-06-2009, 04:31 PM
already have a cable dbox2 that i cant use at my new house anymore, no point getting a dual box im afraid. am i correct in thinking with a dreambox and a motorised dish, you can pick up sky channels, or is it just the non sky ones?

as in post 5 sky is encrypted .
no known fix other than card sharing
google is your friend.........

dx

mastatimrulez
23-06-2009, 09:35 PM
so is that actually just sky branded channels (sky sports, sky premiere, sky one, etc) or all satellite channels? (like mtv, flaunt, paramount, discovery, etc)

krazylegz
24-06-2009, 12:08 AM
the most indepth we can go is just to vaigly explain.

basicly someone has an official card for any package, whether it be sly, premiere, D+ whatever, then whoever has the card in their box connects it to the net 24/7 and the keys are sent from that card to other peoples receivers that he/she has authorised in the settings of his box.

that is about as deep as we can go on here without breaking the law, for any more info google is your friend

mastatimrulez
24-06-2009, 12:23 AM
the most indepth we can go is just to vaigly explain.

basicly someone has an official card for any package, whether it be sly, premiere, D+ whatever, then whoever has the card in their box connects it to the net 24/7 and the keys are sent from that card to other peoples receivers that he/she has authorised in the settings of his box.

that is about as deep as we can go on here without breaking the law, for any more info google is your friend

ive been looking into cardsharing, but for the moment before anything is set up, i have a dish on the outside of my house and trying to borrow a dbox2 from a friend to see if its just freesat channels i get.

krazylegz
24-06-2009, 12:32 AM
with a dbox2 and without a valid sub or c/s you wont even get freesat channels m8 as they are lightly encrypted to some degree, you wont even get channel 4 or 5 as these are encrypted to stop them being viewed outside the uk

dx100-uk
24-06-2009, 12:43 AM
your best bet is to look on one of the sat websites
like lynksat or kingofsat [i thin]
you will soon see those with the sky encryption and alike that you cannot get.
you cannot got too far work with getting one of the cheaper freesat boxes.
then run that in 'non freesat' mode.
we get about 150ish channels onjust 28.2e astra
you'll be suprised what is there
agreed, not too much uk wise
but tuning thru does get a few nice ones
esp if you rescan regularly.

go to those website and you'll soon get a much better idea than here
[no dis to any member, but thats how e learned anyhow!!

dx

krazylegz
24-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D at 28.2?E - LyngSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and

Astra 2A / Astra 2B / Astra 2D (28.2?E) - frequencies - KingOfSat (http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php)

mastatimrulez
27-06-2009, 03:21 PM
i dont mind paying 17.50 for 2 entertainment packs from sly, but the main thing im trying to achieve is not having to pay ?17 p/m for the sly movies pack, i take it cs is the only way around this?

mastatimrulez
27-06-2009, 03:27 PM
also ive noticed that flee-bay seems to have a whole load of sellers with what seem to be pre programmed viewing cards with 12 month subs, as stupid as this sounds, can you just buy one and stick it in a sly+ box?

edit: just realised they arent for uk sly channels

berley
27-06-2009, 03:29 PM
i dont mind paying 17.50 for 2 entertainment packs from sly, but the main thing im trying to achieve is not having to pay ?17 p/m for the sly movies pack, i take it cs is the only way around this?

short and sweet answer .......... yes

krazylegz
27-06-2009, 04:10 PM
also ive noticed that flee-bay seems to have a whole load of sellers with what seem to be pre programmed viewing cards with 12 month subs, as stupid as this sounds, can you just buy one and stick it in a sly+ box?
edit: just realised they arent for uk sly channels

stay away from them m8, sky dont do pre pay cards

mastatimrulez
27-06-2009, 05:43 PM
ive just had a thought.... what about a sbox to my cable dbox2, then connect the laptop to the lcd tv and bobs your uncle, ive got cable channels in a non cable area?

krazylegz
27-06-2009, 06:03 PM
sbox....you mean slingbox? if so yeah that would work but where would you keep your dbox and slingbox?

but of a pain if you ask me, just pay the sky subs you tight sod :roflmao:

mastatimrulez
27-06-2009, 07:02 PM
i was doing a little googling and some forums where slingbox was a taboo word so i thought id call it an sbox in case lol. dbox is at my parents' house, slingbox can stay there too. im setting up my first home with my girlfriend and funds are very limited so like tesco say 'every little helps' pmsl (but in all seriousness, it would save us ?35.50 per month, so ?426 per year)

RoYaL KiD
28-06-2009, 10:11 PM
sorry guys..i been busy for few weeks now getting my DM working!
its all working with CS too..
okay, what i would advise is to buy a dreambox linux receiver. i say this because it has very good support for all models.
with a dreambox you an connect up with other people and share with them. this way you will open 90%-99% of the channels includiing sky. problem with sky igtht there is a few breakups and server lags when there are loads of peers watching the same package but up to know i have found my free dreambox a treat..well worth 65quid! but satellite tv has no use if there isnt a motorized dish..

mastatimrulez
01-07-2009, 03:04 PM
im going to go down the slingbox route first, but once thats sorted ill start experimenting with cs on a dreambox :)

RoYaL KiD
02-07-2009, 09:38 AM
im going to go down the slingbox route first, but once thats sorted ill start experimenting with cs on a dreambox :)
your going to need someone in a cable area to allow you to install the slingbox at their house!

krazylegz
02-07-2009, 02:08 PM
your going to need someone in a cable area to allow you to install the slingbox at their house!

read post #31 ;)

RoYaL KiD
02-07-2009, 10:58 PM
okay..sorry oops!!lol

mastatimrulez
07-07-2009, 04:13 PM
i now need a triple or quad lnb, as im currently setting up 3x freesat boxes and the forth can be a spare in case i decide to add one in another room lol, what do i look for, brands, etc?

DessertDog
07-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Check out FleaBay lots on there Quad included and good prices too.

krazylegz
08-07-2009, 09:35 AM
i got mine from this guy eBay UK Shop - Freeview: Coax Cable, FreeView Aerials, Connections and Clips (http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/J-P-Aerial-Supplies__W0QQ_armrsZ1) very fast delivery and has been spot on