PDA

View Full Version : First Leaked Images of the 3rd Gen IPhone Pics

Gazer
01-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Dont know if this is 100% but its looking good, the images are from a Hong Kong Forum so i do think it could be the first images of the next generation iPhone.
The more i look into this the more I’m learning from the handful of [blurry] pictures that i have just found the real thing, the magnetic compass, autofocus camera, video recording capability, MMS capability, CPU log/activity, along with some other new features from OS 3.0 running on current iPhone 3G hardware…

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. The spy shots have landed over a week before the Apple is expected to reveal its 3rd generation iphone – at the upcoming WWDC event – and provide a first peek at two of the handsets new features. For starters, there’s a digital compass installed, which will give the handsets mapping functions a bit more accuracy and possibly paves the way for turn by turn guidance.

Furthermore, as we’ve learned from the Android metal detector app, the digital compass can also be put to more creative use for other functions and hopefully means even more interesting Apps to come from the iTunes App store.

The iPhone camera has been seen as one of the handset’s few weak spots. Apart being a paltry 2.0 megapixel affair in the iPhone 2G and 3G, it has suffered from a lack of proper camera features, such as auto-focus. If these leaked photos prove genuine, then Cupertino seems set to resolve that particular issue. Not only is there autofocus on board, but it looks like you’ll be able to drag a focus box around the screen to determine which bit of the scene you want the camera to focus on.

It’s not quite the manual focus some have been hoping for, but clearly it would be a significant step up from the current offering.

more to come as i find it
Regards Gazer

berley
01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
so this is gonna be your new toy then ?

Gazer
01-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Just to add to this :

? 32 GB of storage - A solid increase from the current max of 16 GB.
? An upgraded 600 Mghz processor - More speed! The current iPhone 3G clocks out at 400 Mghz.
? 256 MB of RAM - The current iPhone has 128 MB of RAM. So far this is looking pretty good.
? A 3.2 Megapixel camera with autofocus
? A digital compass
Lastly, iv heard that the next iPhone model will retain the same shape and screen dimensions as the 3G model.

Collider
01-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Camera is a bit poor tbh would of thought it would be atleast 5 mega pixel

pipehose
02-06-2009, 07:22 PM
will it be possible to upgrade the software to have all this on the 3g ones

pande_monium
05-06-2009, 01:09 PM

Doubt it, as much of this is h/w based.

Gazer
08-06-2009, 10:23 AM

i think you will find some stuff will work on the 3g, but not all software......and less on the 2g handset

Gazer
08-06-2009, 03:51 PM
O and i forgot to say that today is the WWDS 2009 which starts around 6pm so hopfully we will find out all tonight :)

thelostone
09-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Some more info for you

Apple announced the new iPhone 3GS, the succesor to the current iPhone 3G. The 'S' stands for speed apparently given that the 3GS supports 7.2 Mbps. In terms of new features the 3GS sports a compass and an improved camera, oh and more memory. That's about it. The main thrust is in the 3.0 update with features like video recording and voice control. Design wise the 3GS is idetical to the iPhone 3G, not really a surprise in terms of dimensions given the need to maintain consistency for the sake of the apps, but many people were expecting a matte rubber backing.