PDA

View Full Version : ZTE MF627 Unlocker

Collider
29-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Found this on the net and know some people will be wanting to unlock there mobile dongles they got,takes about 18 minutes for the process to complete and does work on vista and windows 7 as have tested it.

P.S. you might want to reinstall and install the modem to pick up all the drivers before you start as it wouldnt work straight off for me ;)

http://www.4shared.com/file/108615604/2f767800/ZTE_MF627_UNLOCKERpart1.html

Collider
29-05-2009, 09:38 PM
To add some people cant get the connection when trying to update the driver in the unlocker,use thisDc-unlocker | downloads - ZTE, Sonyericsson , Sierra, Option, Novatel, Maxon, Huawei (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. then when the update all done and dusted remove it and install the one on the newly unlocked mobile dongle ;)

Collider
29-05-2009, 09:54 PM
GPRS APN for all mobile operators UK

Network-APN User Name Password

3-three.co.ukguest guest

JerseyTelecom-pepper abc abc

O2(contract)-mobile.o2.co.uk web password

O2(contract)faster- mobile.o2.co.uk faster password

O2(pre-pay)-payandgo.o2.co.uk payandgo payandgo

Orange(Pay Monthly)-orange internet user pass

Orange(Pay and Go)-orangewap Multimedia Orange

T-Mobile-general.t-mobile.uk user pass

Virgin Mobile-goto.virginmobile.com user [space]

Vodafone(contract)-internet web webs

Vodafone(pre-pay)-pp.vodafone.co.uk wap wap

Collider
30-05-2009, 12:17 AM
settings for iphone sim

APN/payandgo.o2.co.uk
USER/vertigo
PASSWORD/password

pande_monium
01-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Right... not sure where I'm at !!
I got the dongle last week. Did this so far:

Plugged it in and installed the 3 Connect (showed up as a new drive OR autoruns if autorun is enabled... mine wasn't).
Ran the DC_unlocker tool and it didn't pick up the dongle. Unplugged it & plugged it into another USB slot. That worked and the dc_unlocker picked it up ok. But, said it was LOCKED.
Ran the update tool & clicked the DOWNLOAD button to download/update the dongle. That worked OK as well.
The dongle disappeared again... so checked, and as expected, it had turned up as a new drive with a Globe Connect autorun suite. Installed the Globe connect connection manager, unplugged the dongle and plugged it into another slot. That worked.
Started DC_unlocker again and checked the dongle... Got this in the log :
================================================== =================
Detecting card :
selection :
manufacturer - ZTE
model - Auto detect
Found modem : MF626
Model : ZTE MF626
IMEI : 3x8x6x0x3x8x5xx
Firmware : BD_P673M3V1.0.1B02
SIM Lock status : unlocked
================================================== =================
Notice that "unlocked" bit?? So, is the dongle unlocked then?? No need to buy the credits from DC_unlocker??
BTW... I've got the iPhone SIMM in the dongle at the moment... am trying to set up the connection settings for it :).

Collider
01-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Yea seems like it worked,best way to check is put a random sim in and NOT a 3 one and set it up with the relevant settings and it should connect.

btw havent got me iphone sim yet so let me know how you get on pand ;)

Gazer
01-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Got mine today as well.......i would like to know if this works on the 02 sim as well please (pande ) and a big thanks to Collider for finding the unlock software as iv been looking for it all afternoon, and when i google it ...it sent me back to WOD :roflmao:

pande_monium
01-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Ok... have tried the settings for the iPhone... but they don't seem to work. am I doing something terribly obviously wrong? Screenshot attached of the settings panel... think I've done it all ok... have I ? :sh:

BTW... here's them darned files I found after hours of trawling around ! Hope its saves someone some trouble :p.

Still struggling with the settings...

Collider
01-06-2009, 06:21 PM
@ pand really annoying as i cant get hands on till the sim turns up arghhhhhhhhh,lol hate not knowing,will have look at some other places and see if there is any feedback there regarding settings etc.

also try payandgo instead of vertigo
this is the 02 connection manger To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. xe but im not sure if it is compatible with this type of dongle

pande_monium
01-06-2009, 09:52 PM
I HAZ SUCCESS !! Wooooohooooo !!

:jumps:

I write to you now... disconnected from my home wifi... connected to my FREE 3 DONGLE (thanks Collider !!) unlocked to all networks and connected to my iPhone's PAYG HSDPA network... (thanks Collider!!)

Please find attached, 2 screenshots of the changes I made to the settings (doh... thanks for pointing the change Collider !! Thanking you is getting to become a habit !!) to get the 3 dongle working.

Needless to say... I'm now going to be happily browsing the net on the train to and from work heh heh heh !

Oh... did I say thanks to Collider?? :roflmao:

Gazer
02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Well thats me up and running now :) thanks for the help guys ;)

grantstrouther1982
02-06-2009, 01:34 PM
having a few problems with this just hope i've missed something, i have downloaded the udpate tool using the link and the dc unlocker.
i ran the update tool followed by the unlocker and got the following txt from the unlocker:

Detecting card :

selection :
manufacturer - ZTE
model - Auto detect

Found modem : MF626
Model : ZTE MF626
IMEI : 358066024019274
Firmware : BD_P673M3V1.0.1B02
SIM Lock status : unlocked

but i cant find anywhere the Globe Connect autorun suite pande_monium mentioned in their post so i am sure i have the dongle unlocked but just cant check connection or change settings etc.

all help greatfully appreciated

Collider
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
should be from your dongle mate,reput it in and see if it comes up,if not explore the dongle and open the main application from there

grantstrouther1982
02-06-2009, 02:42 PM
tried yur sugestions but it just wasnt there but i managed to find another connection manager software that worked, gave it a try with the sim out of my mobile and all fine so just waiting on the postie to give the iphone sim a try

thanks for the help collider

Sicilian
02-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Am I right in saying that once this dongle is unlocked its possible to use a O2 iPhone 3G Pay & Go Sim Card to get free internet?

O2 iPhone 3G Pay & Go Sim Card - FREE INTERNET AND WIFI: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo (http://www.amazon.co.uk/O2-iPhone-Pay-Sim-Card/dp/B0023R6MJ6)

Gazer
02-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Am I right in saying that once this dongle is unlocked its possible to use a O2 iPhone 3G Pay & Go Sim Card to get free internet?

O2 iPhone 3G Pay & Go Sim Card - FREE INTERNET AND WIFI: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. YES thats why we got them ;) :roflmao:

Collider
02-06-2009, 05:02 PM
lmao @ sic thats the whole point of me trawling the net to unlock them,thought you knew that already?

Sicilian
02-06-2009, 05:03 PM
YES thats why we got them ;) :roflmao:

:roflmao: ok, ok missed that one :p

Oh well, 02 sim on its way :)

Sicilian
02-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Oh btw, sim can be purchased here O2 IPHONE SIM CARD ( FREE WI-FI ) on eBay, also, O2 UK, Sim Cards, Mobile Home Phones (end time 11-Jun-09 12:49:51 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/O2-IPHONE-SIM-CARD--(-FREE-WI-FI-)-_W0QQitemZ250423289939QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ2009051 3?IMSfp=TL090513125004r17834)

or here O2 iPhone 3G Pay & Go Sim Card - FREE INTERNET AND WIFI on eBay, also, O2 UK, Sim Cards, Mobile Home Phones (end time 24-Jun-09 11:38:57 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170336621792&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F17033662179 2%2520%2520%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3 D170336621792%2B%2B%26_naf%3D1%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1)

Gazer
03-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Well last night i had sky player running for a hour just using this usb stick, watching sky sports1 with no probs at all :) this was using the low quality settings on the player, if i went to high settings it started to jump, and bbc iplayer was ok as well.......not bad for ?4.95 plus a ?10 o2 sim card for 12 months free data

Regards Gazer

berley
03-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Well last night i had sky player running for a hour just using this usb stick, watching sky sports1 with no probs at all :) this was using the low quality settings on the player, if i went to high settings it started to jump, and bbc iplayer was ok as well.......not bad for ?4.95 plus a ?10 o2 sim card for 12 months free data

Regards Gazer

thats great, you can fix mine when i get it cos i already posted today looking for someone to fix it

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/12/free-3-dongle-4-95-postage-31261-3.html#post166194

Sicilian
03-06-2009, 10:55 AM
tried yur sugestions but it just wasnt there but i managed to find another connection manager software that worked, gave it a try with the sim out of my mobile and all fine so just waiting on the postie to give the iphone sim a try
thanks for the help collider

I'm having the same problem here, you got a link to the connection manager you found please m8?

grantstrouther1982
03-06-2009, 12:14 PM
i will send you a private message with the link as i dont want to break any rules lol i just plugged the dongle in the wifes laptop and the installer came up this time, have you tried putting the dongle in another usb port?
will send you the link anyway just incase sicilian

Sicilian
03-06-2009, 01:19 PM
i will send you a private message with the link as i dont want to break any rules lol i just plugged the dongle in the wifes laptop and the installer came up this time, have you tried putting the dongle in another usb port?
will send you the link anyway just incase sicilian

Removed from desktop & pluged into lappie & the installer started :)

According the dc unlocker, its now unlocked, so just waiting on my 02 simcard now :)

Thanks to Colli for this great find & thanks to everyone posting tips on how to unlock :)

Sicilian
05-06-2009, 12:57 PM
o2 iPhone sim arrived this morning, topped up with a tenner. All fully online now :zoom:

Happly surfing at a good speed :zoom:

Sicilian
05-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Here my speedtest at work using the dongle: -

http://www.speedtest.net/result/489135001.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

grantstrouther1982
05-06-2009, 03:04 PM
iphone sim arrived this morning and i'm all up and running now, just wondered if anyone knew how to access the wifi bundled in with the sim for the wifi hotspots?
could prove handy when out and about lol

Gazer
05-06-2009, 03:44 PM
iphone sim arrived this morning and i'm all up and running now, just wondered if anyone knew how to access the wifi bundled in with the sim for the wifi hotspots?
could prove handy when out and about lol

I can only get the wifi to work on the iphone, as it sends a text to the phone for it to work, then if you put it into another iphone it will cancel the first one before it will work on the 2nd........dont know how it knows but it does.........hope this helps

Gazer
05-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Here my speedtest at work using the dongle: -

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Thats about what i am getting m8......did get to 0.49 with full bars

Sicilian
05-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Thats about what i am getting m8......did get to 0.49 with full bars

I'll test at home this evening to see what I get there. I'll post back the results.

Got to admit I never thought it would be that fast.

My Blackberry bold has unlimited 3G blackberry internet service included, but this only works on the Blackberry handset. Tbh the speed is crap on the Blackberry through Orange.

dx100-uk
06-06-2009, 01:06 AM
right ive got all me bits

iphone o2 card
3g usb dongle...found it after losing it last year
and gonna get ?10 credit tomorrow

ive never put credit on a 3g dongle, so once i've inserted the card in and got the proggy working
how does one put the ?10 credit on it
must admit not looked
but advisory would help of what to watchout for.

i'll let you all know how it goes for me.

dx

Sicilian
06-06-2009, 05:18 AM
right ive got all me bits

iphone o2 card
3g usb dongle...found it after losing it last year
and gonna get ?10 credit tomorrow

ive never put credit on a 3g dongle, so once i've inserted the card in and got the proggy working
how does one put the ?10 credit on it
must admit not looked
but advisory would help of what to watchout for.

i'll let you all know how it goes for me.

dx

Top up here over the web https://registration.o2.co.uk/o2/webtopup/mobiledetailsprepare.do

Scroll down to bottom, make sure you insert the phone number from your o2 simcard.

berley
06-06-2009, 08:10 AM
i put the sim in my moby and topped up using my debit card, got the txt etc saying that top up was succesful then took the sim out and put it in the dongle

dx100-uk
06-06-2009, 03:00 PM
ok thanks you two.

sadly i have no phone blown so i cant put the credit on that way
anyhow
i've got a ticket now ?10 creit for 02 from tescos and i'll try it all later on

sadly there were some serious goings-on in town lastnight and i've just got in after 18hrs on radio watch
i'll try it all and post later.

dx

dx100-uk
07-06-2009, 02:06 AM
heh

many thanks
all up and running
cost ?15 quid for the unlocking though!

soon get that back

dx

Gazer
08-06-2009, 09:15 AM
heh

many thanks
all up and running
cost ?15 quid for the unlocking though!

soon get that back

dx

What you mean ?15 for the unlocking ??

grantstrouther1982
08-06-2009, 09:23 AM
just a quick side note here guys but does anybody know if the same process will work with an older 3 dongle the huawei e160?

also wondered if i had a dongle that was from o2 could i just stick the iphone sim in and have it work?

Collider
08-06-2009, 09:52 AM
@ grant if its from 02 then should work all you would have to do is change a few settings on it and as for unlocking the e160 i couldnt find ant free software so will get back to you on it :)

@ dx why you pay 15 quid mate i uppped the unlocker.

dx100-uk
08-06-2009, 10:07 AM
[quote=Collider;166388
@ dx why you pay 15 quid mate i uppped the unlocker.[/quote]

e220
i had to use dc unlocker and buy credit to unlock it....oppss???

dx

berley
08-06-2009, 10:10 AM
i used the link colli put into the first post and it didn't cost anything ?

dx100-uk
08-06-2009, 10:25 AM
i used the link colli put into the first post and it didn't cost anything ?

ok, well that wouldn't work with my e220 tried it on 3 diff lappies.
so had to use dc_unlocker from the other post

not wrid :mad:
?15 will soon pay for itself against normal use of the dongle.
used to get thru about ?20 travelling to scotland.

be nice to find out if there is a hack user for dc_unlocker though, so others don't wate the money i did.:kungfu:dx

berley
08-06-2009, 10:45 AM
can someone advise if i have the correct settings, the best i can get out of this is GPRS and even then it takes ages to do anything, uploaded a few screenies to show how crap my connection is, I've got an iphone sim in it so if there's anything i can change, please advise

Collider
08-06-2009, 11:00 AM
The speed is about 30/50kbs berley,have tried all settings to get past that speed like diff times of day and no programs running but its always about the same.

i would suggest adblock plus https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865 as this will help with pages loading quicker as it blocks all the adverts ;)

pande_monium
08-06-2009, 12:35 PM
can someone advise if i have the correct settings, the best i can get out of this is GPRS and even then it takes ages to do anything, uploaded a few screenies to show how crap my connection is, I've got an iphone sim in it so if there's anything i can change, please advise

Hey MzB... you're connected on GPRS... not HSDPA... a pretty big difference in speeds there itself. Try moving around the house or going to a friend's house or somewhere else to try and get a HSDPA signal. You'll notice the difference in speeds.

I left the settings as they were because found them to be decent enough for general internet browsing/etc. Nowhere near cable BB speeds of course... but then my benchmark was "no internet" !! :)

berley
08-06-2009, 02:35 PM
thanks for the replies colli and pande

and yea i've tried moving around the house to no avail, tbh it doesn't really bother me that much as i got this so i could use it when im going on long car journeys etc, or backup if my net goes down

@ pande would it connect automatically onto HSDPA if the signal was good enough or do i need to change a setting as in the screenie i put up the option to connect HSDPA isn't there ?

pande_monium
15-06-2009, 12:11 PM
thanks for the replies colli and pande
and yea i've tried moving around the house to no avail, tbh it doesn't really bother me that much as i got this so i could use it when im going on long car journeys etc, or backup if my net goes down
@ pande would it connect automatically onto HSDPA if the signal was good enough or do i need to change a setting as in the screenie i put up the option to connect HSDPA isn't there ?

Yes, it will change automatically between HSDPA, UMTS or whatever...

Seems like you're probably in a low bandwidth area. How about taking the dongle to somewhere else... like bucannon st where the signal is HSDPA...?

Gazer
18-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Yes, it will change automatically between HSDPA, UMTS or whatever...

Seems like you're probably in a low bandwidth area. How about taking the dongle to somewhere else... like bucannon st where the signal is HSDPA...?

I did tell berley that in scotland they dont get what the rest of the country gets :rofl:

Reddevil
19-11-2009, 02:05 PM
I bought a dongle on 3 from fleabay, cant recall the model how do i check model number, history not available now due to age

Sicilian
19-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I bought a dongle on 3 from fleabay, cant recall the model how do i check model number, history not available now due to age

Check in control panel > system > hardware tab > device manager.

Reddevil
19-11-2009, 02:23 PM
I did that but doesnt give model number just name

Collider
19-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Wouldnt DCunlocker(google) tell you as info before you attempt to unlock it?

Reddevil
19-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Wouldnt DCunlocker(google) tell you as info before you attempt to unlock it?

its ok i RTFM :lol: was printed on the dongle :tomato2: