PDA

View Full Version : cant get sentanta but has subscribed???

notanotherone
29-05-2009, 08:03 PM
ok son in law has a s*y +box in his dinning room he wanted to get sentata package and so subscribed to it ,they told him he was on but when he went into his channel list and pressed sentanta 1 it came up saying no satalite signal so he foned them they told him to do something to get it working think it was manual input??but it was in his new found list ,does he have to scan for all these channles or does he tell them to f*** off ????and how does he go about getting them all scanned and into his channles list ?

2tone
04-06-2009, 06:32 PM
setanta can be funny some times there was alot of people having probs with it it might be the way his dish is set up there was lots of probs with this before what receiver is it he has

notanotherone
04-06-2009, 07:02 PM
hes got multi room m8 he has hd box in front room and sky+box where he is having the problem sky say its sentantas fault sentanta say its sky cause they didnt align his dish rite and no one wants to take blame

2tone
04-06-2009, 07:06 PM
im not saying you have tryed this or not just trying to work out what you have, has he tryed the box on different feeds in different rooms did he buy the sky+ box of sky and can he get satanta on the hd box as it could be a receiver problem but as satanta say it can be a dish prob im just trying to work out were i seen the post about it being a dish proble before

2tone
04-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Also if he can he could try the receiver in a friends house better if they have satanta working then he will know if its a dish problem and not receiver as this can happen from what i saw dont know if they still do but in the post i saw it said satanta is on Eurobird at 28.5E and most of skys stuff is on 28,2 yes you will still get satanta but as you say sky did not put the dish up so it might just need a bit of a turn not much but there is some posts of this on the net were people have had this problem with a fixed dish

notanotherone
04-06-2009, 07:36 PM
i managed to get sentanta one but what i done was we changed settings and got them thro manual scan but cnat remember what we done lol i dug settings for the whole sentanta package off sat kings and may have to amnually put them in the only problem with this is that they are not in the sky planner and you cant record from this set up when you do that

2tone
04-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Had a wee look and found this m8 i hope it helps i have had probs with satanta on a dm100 i was playing with and had the scan two transponders but this from a post i was reading on a forums but it dose say in the post about dish if of a bit but if its the receiver doing it he might have to try this way

try this metherd

sevises>op4>0p4>

polerisation from V to H

finde channals

one by one highlite setanta channals and press the yellow button to tick them all off

press selact and channal line up complete will come up

press selcet

services

other channals

press select on setanta sport voualah done

its down to the alignment of the dish setanta run o 2 frequancys /11.585 and 12.560/ there will be at leas 30 channals that will not be working that are part of the sky pakage and run on this same frequancy just ones u probs never heard of i can show u evry one of them i rang setanta and thay passed me to there tech team and thay were fantastic at explaineing this to me thay showed me a list of these channals and sure eough thay wernt working at all i then got in touch with sky withou mentioning setanta and thay sent out an enginere the wollowing day for free and that was it sorted very happy with the lvl of servise and think ppl should give these guys a brake

sky channals of same frequancy

154 dmax+2
166 info tv
206 dmax+1.5
184 ben tv
187 ait international
271 lux tv
276 style network
331 world movies
531 military
324 movies 4 men
584 daystar

i could go on forever ha ha but some of these channals my be working due to some of them being one of the higher frueqancys enjoy lol