PDA

View Full Version : 100% dab reception :)

BraveHeart
23-05-2009, 04:30 AM
after many months of trying different things to recieve a great dab signal i finally came up with the answer.

As you people will know who have a dab radio, they dont work just as good as you would imagine, well they do work excellent if you live in an area that has very good reception but if not you get the sound breakup and popping noise etc etc blah blah blah.

But, all's not lost, lol, i tried messing with the standard aerial (piece of wire) that came with my dab/amp/reciever, and it was not too bad, but it needed moving it around and all that to get best signal which to me is a pain in the arse.

so i tried buying an extended aerial, seemingly they were the way to go, so i bought one from internet a while back, wired it up, and it was just as bad as the standard aerial (piece of wire) that came with my kit, plus the fact it was longer too, so it was even harder to keep it hidden and still get a good signal.

So anyway, i was in asda a while back, and i noticed they sold an amplified aerial that done tv/dab/fm signals (10quid-ish), it does everything basically, you simply plug it into the electric socket on the wall, connect the other part to the aerial socket on your dab reciever, and you turn up the amplifier to full, then just move the telescopic ariels about a little bit till you get 100% signal, then thats it, simple as that, just leave it alone, dont touch it again and you will always have a perfect 100% dab signal, i have mines stuck under a table and the telescopic arieals are only pulled up like 12inch high and i get 100% signal on all dab stations, and before that my reception was terrible.

I just thought i would share this so that anyone having same probs as me know how to get best out of dab. (its very different to fm)

trinitys_mate
19-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Thanks mate, i think i will be givng one of those a go, i noticed them in asda a while back but thought they wud probably be cack.:appl:

BraveHeart
19-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Thanks mate, i think i will be givng one of those a go, i noticed them in asda a while back but thought they wud probably be cack.:appl:

yes mate, they work good for DAB and FM radio, the tv reception is ok too although you need to be in an area that already has strong reception otherwise the tv use isnt brilliant, but for DAB and FM its spot on mate.

The model i have is a matt grey/silver colour plastic, the tv arial part is a big oval (egg shape) plastic thingy that twists and turns round and tilts forwards and backwards, and on either side of that you have two giant telescopic aerials for the radio, they can retract nearly all the way down or full up whatever way gives you better performance, for me i hardly even need the aerials pulled up at all for DAB and FM, your area may be different though, ohh and on the front you have the amplifier knob/button thingy that turns round all the way like a 12 hour clock face, it also has a lttle green LED light on the front that lights up when the thing is plugged into the electricity, and your best with the amplifier turned up full of course for both the radio and the tv.

hope this helps you get the same one i have as i know theres a few of them, i couldnt say what the price is now either, i think it was about 10quid when i bought them, but that was few months ago now.

BraveHeart
20-07-2009, 12:07 AM
something like this it is mate, very like this infact.