PDA

View Full Version : dvd+r or dvd-r

broony2005
19-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi
I know this is stupid but i just got my 360 flashed and dont know which disks to use to burn my first games dvd+r or dvd-r,
thanks in advance

Collider
19-05-2009, 11:32 AM
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/f46/best-discs-360-cheapest-31133.html

broony2005
19-05-2009, 12:17 PM
ok thanks,
i take it that it doesent matter if its dvd-r or dvd+r,
its just that im sure i heard before that they must be dvd-r

Collider
19-05-2009, 02:20 PM
not sure mate has havent done my xbox yet

Chimaera
19-05-2009, 02:51 PM
You will need a dual layered DVD+R to burn, your 360 won't read any other format correctly. Also, make sure you burn at 2x or close as possible so your game is readable and doesn't skip. This is very important.

With nowadays' technology, we are fully experiencing the joy of real-life gaming on our Xbox console. Games have reached such high graphic levels that they resemble real life figures and movements so much, it's very hard to tell the difference between a true time animation and the real thing. A passionate gamer can get so involved in his gaming hours, that he might often forget he has to leave the game disks to rest for a while or at least make Xbox 360 game backup files for later use.

There are a few things you should know about the Xbox 360 game backup devices, things that will make the gaming experience a lot easier and much more pleasant.

1st Fact: Never try to make an Xbox 360 game backup disk using common CD copy software. As you must know by now, games are protected with digital keys by manufacturers. There are some auto run and setup features that simply can not be copied without hacking the game somehow or by simply using the software we have installed before on our computers. This is why we should turn to specialized Xbox 360 game backup programs, able to copy the digitally signed games.

2nd Fact: Always check the disk's condition before backing it up. Even the smallest dust particles can cause serious copy problems. When the specialized software copies the disk, some segments might get skipped because they are barely readable. Clean the disk with a soft humid cloth, or use a special cleaning solution, and allow it to completely dry before inserting it back into the reading device.

3rd Fact: Resume the use of backup disks to the times you are actually playing the game. It's better to use the original disk when running it for the first time on the Xbox. Then, you can continue playing it with an Xbox 360 game backup disk, to avoid further damage to the original one.

tinkertiler
19-05-2009, 05:47 PM
DVD+R discs are required as you cannot ste the layer break on the -R versions