PDA

View Full Version : Best discs for 360 and cheapest?

Collider
08-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Need some links to comapre prices as will be going down the 360 route very soon.

Compatability list would be great also.

tinkertiler
08-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Sumvision around ?5 for 10 and had no problems with them so far. Get the odd one here and there but not very often at all! Other cheap discs will be dodgy at best as me and a friend have tried most of them lol DO NOT i repeat DO NOT be tempted by Aone discs they are well dodgy! One pack will be fine and the next will be shocking! Verbatim are the best but they are well expensive to get and not worth it in my opinion. Use a pioneer burner and imgburn and run the games through abgx before burning and you will be fine mate.

Hope this helps

TT

EDIT - and this is where i normally get them from and they are good on the postage too - Sumvision : Sumvision blank DVD+R, Sumvision blank DVD-R, Sumvision blank CD-R from DVD Shop Online. No 1 in the UK for Sumvision blank media (http://www.dvdshoponline.co.uk/Sumvision.html)

Inertia
11-05-2009, 08:46 AM
I use bulkpaq usually, never had a problem with them, probably not the cheapest, but I would say they are 100% reliable.

Dr X
17-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Personaly i have used about three brands, only issue you will have with certain cheap types is that eventualy the lazer will gon on the dvd drive.
Been useing Aone and then moved onto Datawrite Titanium, and they seem to work great, not had any issues with them.
After 2 1/2 years of use the dvd started to play up of late so ajusted the pods on the dvd and it worked for a few months but dvd went so bought new one and flashed the copyed key over.
Still working a treat as now and bought a spair new one so as have a back up.
If u have it flashed make sure u have a copy of the key and such so as to transfear the revelent key over to the new dvd drive and you`ll be ok.

plummu
11-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I use Aone, probably the best out there for the money.

tinkertiler
12-06-2009, 10:06 PM
I use Aone, probably the best out there for the money.

Er i beg to differ on that one BIG TIME! And at least 4 other people that i know had exactly the same problem with them. They started off brilliant a few years ago and went down hill badly! I got 100 of them and out of that 100 90 of them failed verification so they got sent back and the others had similar results. I wouldt recomend touching them under any cercumstances! Sumvision discs are the same or only just slightly more and never had a bad disc yet.

Collider
13-06-2009, 08:46 AM
lmao i beg to differ on the Sumvisions though,going to switch to verbatims when i get new burner as tbh a pound for a disc might seem expensive but compared to er erm the other price its a snap,singapore only though ;)

Celtic67
15-06-2009, 12:49 PM
I've not had much luck with Aones either. I use Verbatims mainly but also some Aritas. Mine will usually work with the Aritas but a couple of mates 360s only like the Verbatims. One of them will only read the 2.4x as well, not the 8x ones.

Dr X
17-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Verb and Data are my preafeared ones, but if no one has tryed the datawrite titanium i would say give them a go and try 2.4x, good dye and out of last 100 i`ve used, i buggered up two due to my own mistake.
Get my disks localy and Datawrite Titanium 2.4x Speed (DUAL LAYER+R) Branded 8.5GB DVD+R with 25 in each tub is ?12.95 inc VAT :thumbup2:
Verbatim 8x Speed 43666 (DUAL LAYER+R) Branded 8.5GB DVD+R 10 TUB is only ?12.95 inc VAT and this is UK shop TT m8 ;)

moobag
19-11-2009, 01:29 AM
I like Aone, never had a single problem with them

cmronin
30-12-2009, 10:50 PM
use verbatim they cost a bit more but are worth it, not had a coaster yet

D2mac
05-01-2010, 03:52 PM
use verbatim they cost a bit more but are worth it, not had a coaster yet

as this guy siad forget about cheep media....

verbatim all the way