PDA

View Full Version : O2 UK Gearing Up for New iPhone

thelostone
07-05-2009, 10:58 AM
O2 UK is said to be building its resources for a new iPhone launch later this year. The network has reportedly been reserving a significant proportion of its customer acquisition budget for the second half of the year. Mobile Today report that the new iPhone will allegedly come with 64 Gb of memory with industry sources noting that Apple has palced large orders in South Korea for memory modules. The new handset is also said to come with a higher resolution screen than in previous versions so as to better appeal to the video and gaming markets.

The screen size itself is expected to remain the same as in current models owing to the huge popularity of the app store. With more than a billion apps having been downloaded so far the app store has proven to be one of, if not the, most popular aspects of the iPhone. Re-coding all those apps for a new screen size would be a burden that many iPhone devs would be happy to do without.

Recent speculation has led some to believe that O2 UK may be about to loose its exclusive deal to sell the iPhone, but as yet nothing has officially changed and with signs pointing to O2 getting ready for a big campaign in the second half of the year it looks like they will once again be the port of call for iPhone customers in the UK.

berley
07-05-2009, 12:32 PM
so that'll be another one for gazer to lose :roflmao:

stumc
07-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Any news on what else will be different on it, hopefully a decent camera.

wullboy
07-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Will it be able to pour a decent pint of lager ?? :rofl:

pande_monium
08-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Will it be able to pour a decent pint of lager ?? :rofl:

PMSL... if you'd believe it, it can actually do that! There's a free app that quite literally does that !

Basically, it shows a full glass of beer on the screen, and you've got to tilt the iphone as if you're drinking a glass of beer... ;p yep, you guessed it... the glass empties magically as if you've really drunk the beer.

thelostone
08-05-2009, 12:36 AM
PMSL... if you'd believe it, it can actually do that! There's a free app that quite literally does that !

Basically, it shows a full glass of beer on the screen, and you've got to tilt the iphone as if you're drinking a glass of beer... ;p yep, you guessed it... the glass empties magically as if you've really drunk the beer.
Glad to see they have apps that are actually usefull:roflmao:

Gazer
08-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Glad to see they have apps that are actually usefull:roflmao:

pmsl and iv got them all on mine :drunk2::D

well looks like i might have a nice new white iphone for sale soon .....one carefull owner (as iv still got this one) LOL

it as been said that the new iphone will have a 5 mpixe camera this time, but this is just hear say at the moment.

pande_monium
10-05-2009, 11:33 PM
pmsl and iv got them all on mine :drunk2::D

well looks like i might have a nice new white iphone for sale soon .....one carefull owner (as iv still got this one) LOL

it as been said that the new iphone will have a 5 mpixe camera this time, but this is just hear say at the moment.

I'll have that one then please LOL !!

thelostone
13-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Just a quick update this is what the specs of the new iphone could be but specs could change
600MHz CPU (current iPhone has a 400MHz chip)
256MB RAM (current iPhone features 128MB)
Digital Compass and FM
3.2 megapixel camera with auto focus
32GB size
Model #: MB717LL
The battery and screen as well as the casing are said to be generally the same as current models