PDA

View Full Version : Sky you dont know how good it is till its gone.

billyreh
12-07-2006, 07:22 PM
I lost my job in June and to cut costs got rid of sky and took NTL believe me SKy was good loads better then NTL.

Its probably because I got used to it had it for the 10 years.

Billy

hacker999
12-07-2006, 07:42 PM
have u heard about cracking/hacking ntl?

mohamm
15-07-2006, 05:08 PM
the thing with ntl is that you dont get the new channels

the one i like to watch is PTV or QTV or ARY OneWorld

then theres Sony Max ... these are some of the asian channels, that you cant get on sky.

thats why i got both

sullly
22-07-2006, 08:25 AM
asian channels available through tw/ntl

Telewest - Asian Premium Channels - Telewest : Bollywood Films and Music, B4U, Zee TV, Star Plus, ARY Digital, Sony TV Asia (http://www.telewest.co.uk/websales/premium.do?id=3274)

dave_c
22-07-2006, 12:00 PM
i had sky for years , prices just kept goin up , more and more repeats , the advert breaks every few mins was annoying , films were usually old ones unless u decide to order ppv at more cost ,best thing i done was to cancel it

mohamm
22-07-2006, 12:23 PM
asian channels available through tw/ntl
Telewest - Asian Premium Channels - Telewest : Bollywood Films and Music, B4U, Zee TV, Star Plus, ARY Digital, Sony TV Asia (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. yeah, i know you get these

but i want QTV, AryOneWorld, Islam Channel, DM Digital

these are ONLY on sky!

ttandrew
29-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Got to agree, you dont really notice how much you use it until you dont have it, found that out a few years back although not using it much now, heard a few folk saying that if you phone up saying your thinking of cancelling it because of the price sky will give you x number of months at half price, knowing my luck they'd probably just cancell it there and then and not offer any discount

aporter1985
30-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Tell me about it. I only have freeview now!!!!!

crazy
31-07-2006, 12:11 PM
was round my sisters the other day and she has Sky and I couldn't believe how much quicker the EPG/Menu's are compared to to TW.

Crazy

billyreh
31-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Your 100% right about the EPG TW is like a slug it takes ages to get the menu the Sky menu is like a flash.

There are loads of annoying things about TW but its cheaper and thats the thing at the moment.

Billy

crazy
10-08-2006, 05:50 AM
Your 100% right about the EPG TW is like a slug it takes ages to get the menu the Sky menu is like a flash.
There are loads of annoying things about TW but its cheaper and thats the thing at the moment.
Billy

It takes about a 5 seconds to change channel!

like you say, it works out cheaper

Crazy

notanotherone
10-08-2006, 07:05 AM
go out and invest in a d box or a dreambox

scottyboydfc
10-08-2006, 04:54 PM
i got a dbox and i have to say i am amazed with it, 1 sec channel change. neva use my subbed box now

scottyboydfc
10-08-2006, 04:55 PM
also dreambox is the new dbox so i would suggest getting one of them, like i will be doing soon

megaman
05-11-2006, 12:33 PM
I've just used sky for the first time at friends house. It is very slow compared to my dbox.

lapper
16-11-2006, 07:14 PM
The only thing I miss about Sky, is the Sky+. Made life really easy.
Lol

redbarony
19-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Got to agree, you don't really notice how much you use it until you don't have it, found that out a few years back although not using it much now, heard a few folk saying that if you phone up saying your thinking of canceling it because of the price sky will give you x number of months at half price, knowing my luck they'd probably just cancel it there and then and not offer any discount

you are right mate,i canceled last year and got a humax pvr,when i phoned sly up i had already bought my new box and the guy said he could knock a couple of quid off!!!!,why don't they do it anyway!!!,back to the story 3 months later a nice gentleman from sky rang and offered me sky for 6 months half price for the full package and me sky+ again---i bit his hand off,anyway 6 months was up and i tried to bin it again but the phone line was hammered so i emailed em and got it canceled(took two attempts).
just took me sky box out of the tv cabinet(three weeks after) and got the hummy up and running again and the phone goes again,would you like sky for 3 months half price--of course Rupert's henchman and so i sit watching sky till after Christmas.
so ive had 9 months half price saving me ?180

where is the customer loyalty in all of this,come January i will be playing the game again ringa ringa sky man a pocket full of money!!

regards

Red

peds1988
20-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Yeah totaly agree, SKY is great!

But then again, a NTL box with MOSC is also great too!;;)

Sahil
29-11-2006, 10:59 PM
I had Sky and it was pretty good. But then I got ntl and a "box" and I'm not really bothered. Picture quality is pretty much the same but I never had to call Sky once during the time I'd had them. ntl have been round like 4-5 times.