PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Help Please?

jahhus
14-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Hi

I'm new to the iPhone scene and was wondering if the iPhone i borrowed from a friend, of which was ba**ed, can be reset as thought was doing him a favour and downloading the latested software for him, from 2.2 to 2.2.1 and in the process it seems to have got stuck in a loop of switching off and then asking for the itunes cable and then seems to reboot again.

The reason i borrowed this was for purley to use it for the wifi internet capabilties on it.

If any one could point me in the right direction, i would appreciate that. And in trying to resolve this is it at all possible to make calls from this phone again?

Thanks in advance!

tomcat
14-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Just put any o2 sim card in the phone and connect it to any pc or laptop with iTunes and that should sort your problem out. As far as I know the only way to make a call with that phone again is to change the imei number of the phone but I have no idea how to do that you can use the phone abroad

jahhus
15-04-2009, 05:54 AM
Thanks for your input on this much appreciated, Yesterday i did do sum reading on this site and found that you can get an unlocker to open it to other net works, the name of it slips me at the moment, but as soon as i switched itues off and then i switched this proggy on the phone switched itself on as well. Although i had tried to input other o2 simms but that did not seem to revieve it.

like i sadi i amd new to this so im suspecting that the phone was stuck in recovery mode and a passible depression of the keys might have sorted it out. lol

Alls well again, no more updating on this phone again, lol.

I know i should thread very lightly in respect to what you mentioned in you post, but is one able to chage the (meii) via windows alongside the cable for the phone any point in the right direction will be appreciated!

Thank you!!

pande_monium
26-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Thanks for your input on this much appreciated, Yesterday i did do sum reading on this site and found that you can get an unlocker to open it to other net works, the name of it slips me at the moment, but as soon as i switched itues off and then i switched this proggy on the phone switched itself on as well. Although i had tried to input other o2 simms but that did not seem to revieve it.

like i sadi i amd new to this so im suspecting that the phone was stuck in recovery mode and a passible depression of the keys might have sorted it out. lol

Alls well again, no more updating on this phone again, lol.

I know i should thread very lightly in respect to what you mentioned in you post, but is one able to chage the (meii) via windows alongside the cable for the phone any point in the right direction will be appreciated!

Thank you!!

Hey mate... sorry didn't get down to this post till now. My apologies.

Don't try anything yet... first I need some more information... don't want you to brick your phone up. Can you tell me the following:

What version is the phone? 2g or 3g?
What version is the firmware?
Have you unlocked it before? Or was it box standard and an untouched phone?

What happens when you connect the phone to a computer running iTunes. What message pops up, etc?
What happens when you hold the power button for 10 seconds? If you see a switch off prompt, what happens when you switch off and restart the phone?Please be specific so that I can revert back to you at the earliest.