PDA

View Full Version : Some free satnav apps for blackberry bold 9000

Sicilian
09-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Just thought I'd post some free satnav apps that i've been playing with: -

amAze GPS, see full details To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ota install through broswer
wap.amazegps.com

Telmap navigator, uses navteq maps. Free is you sign up to Telmap user group http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/

Nav4all Free GPS navigation for your mobile phone! - Nav4All (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ota install through browser
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. All the above are completely free, however they all download maps over the air, so make sure you have a data bundle to cover all the downloads.

dil
30-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Which satnav do you prefer to use sic? I've been using tomtom on my phone for a couple of years now, I've seen garmin but didnt like it probably because i'm used to tomtom.

Sicilian
01-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Which satnav do you prefer to use sic? I've been using tomtom on my phone for a couple of years now, I've seen garmin but didnt like it probably because i'm used to tomtom.

Tbh I mainly use my standalone tomtom 520. There isn't a tomtom version for blackberry, although there is garmin for blackberry, but it isn't free.

BraveHeart
12-01-2010, 03:19 AM
so do these free sat nav apps for blackberry work without costing the user a penny ? or does it still cost money to have to pay for an online connection to your mobile provider ?

i'm a total novice with things like this and i dont have a clue, so i would appreciate any info .

most of the time the wifes blackberry is only used as pay as ya go phone and texting and thats it, but it would be brilliant to have some added extras if they dont cost anything to use.

its a blackberry 8110

Sicilian
12-01-2010, 08:28 AM
The satnav software will use a data connection, so depends on your tariff if data is included. Most blackberry tariffs use the blackberry internet service.

BraveHeart
12-01-2010, 08:48 PM
The satnav software will use a data connection, so depends on your tariff if data is included. Most blackberry tariffs use the blackberry internet service.

its on vodafone pay as you go.

Sicilian
13-01-2010, 07:33 AM
its on vodafone pay as you go.

Check the tariff details to see if it includes any data.