PDA

View Full Version : wii chip not working but could be SD card problem

berley
03-04-2009, 08:58 AM
hi can anyone help, the bird at bills office has broke her wii, well her husband has but he's not taking the blame and seems to have a selective memory of what happened

the wii is chipped but the console only plays original games now, ive tried her chip on my machine and it works fine, so that rules out a chip issue, the console been opened up and the soldering to the chip etc is fine, in fact its been a real neat job done by wiiman

there's an SD card in the console and when you put the wii on its saying its loading the game thats on the SD card, the console has been unplugged and the card removed so you would have thought that would cancel the game from running or tying to load ?

any thoughts or ideas that i could try

tinkertiler
03-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Have they updated the firmware on the console via a game or internet? Or dash update or whatever it is on the Wii i cant remember lol

berley
03-04-2009, 09:43 AM
yes he did say he had updated the wii over the internet

DessertDog
03-04-2009, 01:47 PM
If it had a ntsc game in and it was updated i think that will cause issues.

Collider
03-04-2009, 03:15 PM
What chip is it and is there an update for it from the chip suppliers?

berley
03-04-2009, 04:31 PM
nao when you come back online answer colli's question for me cos i dont know lol

if its any help its a wee black chip :roflmao:

Collider
03-04-2009, 04:49 PM
lmao,what make wiikey etc?

berley
03-04-2009, 04:52 PM
errrm colli im not being awkward with my last reply but i really dont know lol, nao or wiiman will be able to tell you tho, so when i catch one of them i'll ask and update

DessertDog
03-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Have you not asked Nao or weeman what the problem could be?

berley
03-04-2009, 05:01 PM
nao's looked at it and it was him that said the soldering etc was perfect and he told me bout the SD card and the game running, i've spoken to wiiman but at the time didn't have the info about the SD card

notanotherone
03-04-2009, 07:01 PM
chip is not the issue as we can play games with her chip installed in our wii,s ,i can take the chip and put it onto any wii and it will work the chip has the same hex as berley's and myself plus my nephews so thats not the problem