PDA

View Full Version : failed stealth test with routers :(

BraveHeart
22-03-2009, 04:35 AM
how is when iam using routers and i run stealth tests to check everything is secure that everything is secure apart from one thing, the ping, seemingly my computer can be pinged, but ive tried to figure out how to stop this and just cant.

this only happens when using routers, ive tried two different routers on two different networks and same result, failed due to the ping thing.

i use this to test the stealth >> https://To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. does anyone have the same problem ?? and if so, how do we fix it without messing anything up ? :dinner:

dx100-uk
22-03-2009, 02:14 PM
wouldn't bother really.

it cant harm you.
however, if you look in the config setup of most routers you can turn ping off.

dx

CapDan
22-03-2009, 08:01 PM
as above, there will be a setting in the firewall section of the router. If you post the make and model I am sure ppl can assist.
Ping is a basic command that just means are you there. Nothing to worry about if everything else is ok

BraveHeart
22-03-2009, 10:05 PM
cheers guys, i found the setting and turned it off, but do you think that would interfier with playing online games such as fifa ?

dx100-uk
23-03-2009, 03:36 AM
yes it will screw your dns server/tables update and give you crap latency and packet crashes

dx

BraveHeart
23-03-2009, 03:49 AM
yes it will screw your dns server/tables update and give you crap latency and packet crashes
dx

so, you saying best to switch it back on then and get the pings, yea ?