PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Sony HD Walkman NW-A3000

ladies_angel
07-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I have had my NW-A3000 for a few years now and always use sonic stage to transfer albums to it. At christmas I had a new laptop and only today have I decided to use my laptop to transfer my chosen albums to my walkman. I was able to transfer one without any problems but when I tried to transfer The Killers album Day and Age and also Armin Van Buuren a state of trance 2008, I get a message saying 'an error occured, could not transfer selected tracks'. I have tried doing a firmware upgrade but every time I try it seems to crash my laptop. Does anyone out there have one of these walkmans, if so could you please help me as I can't figure out what is wrong.

Hunter
07-03-2009, 01:46 PM
i have the nw hd1 20 gig
what operating system are you using? i had problms with vista till i downloaded the new software

its allways been a bit flakey with vista in my opinion

try this

Sony Europe Customer Support Portal (http://support.sony-europe.com/hotnews/vista.asp?l=en&f=nw)
:google:

ladies_angel
07-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm using Windows Vista and have installed sonic stage 4.3 this morning, like i say i managed to put one album on which was the ting tings but when i try to put the killers latest album on i get an error message.

Hunter
07-03-2009, 01:55 PM
try right clicking on the killers album, go to properties and see if theres anything there stoping u?

take the ticks out see if that makes a difefence ;)

ladies_angel
07-03-2009, 01:57 PM
well i have just gone into the properties an there dont seem to be any probs, the compilation box is unticked, could it be anythin else?

Hunter
07-03-2009, 02:14 PM
well i have just gone into the properties an there dont seem to be any probs, the compilation box is unticked, could it be anythin else?
have you sisnce tried another album??

ladies_angel
07-03-2009, 03:33 PM
I have just tried putting another album on and the same thing happened

ladies_angel
07-03-2009, 03:57 PM
I just tried importing the actual cd on to my walkman and it works, its the files that are saved to my computer that wont transfer, do you know of a reason why? sorry if im bein thick but it just seems strange this is happenin again all of a sudden.