PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch v ipod classic

Lainie
02-03-2009, 12:03 AM
has anyone got an ipod touch? ive been tempted to buy one but always held off to see if they will bring one out with a bigger memory. just wondered how it compared to ipod classic (or ipod video as it used to be called)

dx100-uk
02-03-2009, 12:39 AM
the touch is certainly the best portable music player i have ever brought.
it sound is superb [though decent earbuds are needed to get the bass, which is what i wanted]
cant fault it, on that the best i have found since my original sony discman.

as for the rest of it
the wifi is good with lots of add ins
even used it several times now on the over night sleeper to scotland, wifi all the way
the logmein prog for it allows seemless control and use of my home pc just as if i was there.

might even get the 32gb iphone if thats as good on the music.

dx

lincoln_imp
02-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I got an iPod Touch for christmas and I absolutely love it! I owned an iPod mini and video before that, which I still use just as much. I originally was tempted by the iPhone but as I don't use many minutes or texts, thought it would be a waste of money being ties into expensive monthly contract, so I opted for the iTouch.
I was bought the one with the biggest memory (32Gb), which cost around ?250 and is more than ample memory for me to store my life on.
As someone who is permanently attached to their macbook, the iTouch offers a nice alternative for when I can't be bothered to start up my laptop, or I just want to check my facebook/ twitter. It is much quicker to start up than most internet devices, and offers hundreds of fantastic (and often free) applications that will keep you entertained/ informed.
I would have a read round the reviews on technology sites to see what the general concensus is, but as far as I'm concerned, there is no comparison between the iTouch and the iPod classic/video - they both have their uses, and I can't really fault either of them.

happyfeet
04-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Throw away the Apple earphones, buy some decent ones, and the ipod Touch will blow you away. It's the most useful piece of technology I've bought in years.

notanotherone
04-03-2009, 02:40 PM
they only thing im dissapointed with it is i have itunes downloaded ,but for the love of me i get get any movies onto it ,i had problems with it with ie i couldnt get music to go to via my computer ,i could insert disc and it would synch with it asnd i could get music on thast wsy ,but not from my hard drive,i have 500 gig of music on an external hard drive asnd it wouldnt look at it ,downloaded it via firefox and it works ,i can get all the music i want (i have tried click and drag to my toy but that doesnt work either)i can get all my pictures but as i sasy hasve never been able to trasnsfer as film to it

happyfeet
04-03-2009, 02:47 PM
they only thing im dissapointed with it is i have itunes downloaded ,but for the love of me i get get any movies onto it ,i had problems with it with ie i couldnt get music to go to via my computer ,i could insert disc and it would synch with it asnd i could get music on thast wsy ,but not from my hard drive,i have 500 gig of music on an external hard drive asnd it wouldnt look at it ,downloaded it via firefox and it works ,i can get all the music i want (i have tried click and drag to my toy but that doesnt work either)i can get all my pictures but as i sasy hasve never been able to trasnsfer as film to it

Can't check at the moment, but there should be an option on iTunes to turn off automatic synching so that you can move files manually.

Lainie
07-03-2009, 09:46 PM
guess what the birthday bunnys brought wee me - an ipod touch

chuffed to bits

:banana4::banana4: