PDA

View Full Version : Sky picture quality crap, is that right ??

BraveHeart
27-02-2009, 08:37 PM
I have just got my sky box installed (well actually few days ago but just got card on etc).

Anyway, i dunno if its just me or what but i think the picture quality looks crap compared to my old virgin cable service, picture looks kinda rough is what I'd say, i even made sure it was set to RGB to get best quality, but still looks grainy too me, in my opinion virgin box was much better, unless of course iam doing summit wrong ??

Its just the box that they give away free, nuffin special, anyone any ideas ??

Collider
27-02-2009, 08:44 PM
First thing i would do is check all connections and make sure cables are ok(not pound shop ones)

BraveHeart
28-02-2009, 01:59 AM
try the 39 pound shop mate. lol, i know what ya mean mate, but ye thats all been taken care of.

maybe i was too used to me wee dreambox :(

tell me this, if i got another good wee sat box such as a dream or whatever, would i be able to use it with my ligit card etc ?? you know like just to use instead of the sky one.

cheers mate :)

dx100-uk
01-03-2009, 01:48 AM
yes
not sure of 'what' ccamd etc you need
but it can be done

dx

BraveHeart
01-03-2009, 03:18 AM
yeA, looks like i would be better buying a third party box rather than this standard sky box, its crap picture quality, its like a compressed digital picture, you know what i mean, like a bit rough and grainy lookin, some things like sky news look ok, but most other things not 2 good, even me woman mentioned it and she dont no nufin about picture quality etc, but she actually says to me that she noticed it too.

I dont really have anything to compare it to as ive only ever had virgin cable before and a dreambox 500c, so iam only guessing, but do these type of third party boxs such as dreambox's etc etc , do they produce better quality image ?

anyone know ?