PDA

View Full Version : Is there a new iPhone on the way?

Gazer
13-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Rumours have it that there may be a new iPhone on the way, just six months after the iphone 3g appeared on the scene.
Evidence has emerged of the latest firmware upgrade for Apple's all-conquering phone, prompting speculation that a new model may be in the works.
MacRumors has found reference to iPhone 2.1, a major advance over the current 1.2 edition. Apple often uses these leaps in number to distinguish between new models, as happened with the change from iPod Touch 1.0 to iPod Touch 2.0 last year.
So what might we expect? There's no concrete evidence just yet, but the hot money's on more storage, a better camera, a screen to rival that of the HTC Touch HD and maybe even that much sought after copy and paste function. Watch this space for more details

Collider
13-02-2009, 02:12 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/02/12/154412-chinaa_425.jpg (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Images claiming to depict the back cover of an upcoming iPhone have started circulating on the internet. IPODObserver first posted a version of the above photo that allegedly depicts an unreleased 16GB iPhone with the model number A1303. This new iPhone case is said to "shed its glossy appearance for a matte black look" and also introduce a new case-back made of metal. The site seems confident in the photo and reminded readers that they were also responsible for publishing an early back-case photo of the iPhone 3G.

MacRumors has also received additional images (below) that appear to be from the same series. While we can't confirm their authenticity, we present them for discussion given iPodObserver's apparent belief in them. The images have reportedly come from China and are said to depict the back-casing of the next iPhone. The case is also said to be textured for better gripping.

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/02/12/154412-chinab.jpg

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/02/12/154413-chinac_425.jpg (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. The original iPhone came with aluminum back casing. This design eventually gave way to a smooth plastic curved back of the current iPhone 3G.

This is what i found but could just be dummy info ;)

Gazer
15-02-2009, 05:14 PM
I think this is a dummy fascia m8 as it looks the same as you can get from ebay( Housing Fascia facia For APPLE iphone 3G) it as the same markings and if you look on the back of a iphone you will see the IME No and the Serial No which you cant on that one you have found.

Diablo13
16-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Sounds good to me.
While this may be only a rumour at the moment logic tells me that improved storage to compete with the likes of Nokia's horrible N96 is certainly the way to go.
If it has a shortcoming the Iphones 8gb of storage and no addon card memory extension, which not long ago would have seemed huge, may not be enough to future proof it, now that phones are mini entertainment centers which play games and shoot video?

pande_monium
19-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Think I read somewhere recently that there's a mini-iPhone version already in production. The Chinese firms that manufacturs the iPhone had unwittingly admitted clearing shelves of an assembly line to make the mini-iPhones.

Not sure how much validity this has... but, its about time we had a new model. I'm out of contract in a few months (May) and wouldn't mind a new iPhone ;p. Ohh... I rub my hands gleefully in anticipation !

There's SO much that can be corrected on the 3g that will make the new model a must-buy for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

thelostone
19-02-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm out of contract in a few months (May) and wouldn't mind a new iPhone ;p. Ohh... I rub my hands gleefully in anticipation !

Only if you can get your mrs to take over your old contract:p

Gazer
23-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Well i could not wait any longer.....so i went out today and got myself the white 16gig one :grin: dont know if iam being a bit mad here or not :roflmao: anyway iv unlocked it tonight and loaded everthink that i had on the old 2g to it........got to say the sound is better as the 2g was abit on the low side for the sound.....cant say anythink else about it as iv only used it on wifi in the house..............so the old 2g is now on ebay so i dont feel to bad in spending ?400 again on another one lol

will let you know if i like it more when iv had time to play with it

Regards Gazer

Diablo13
23-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Must be nice to be able to afford to be mad Gazer?
As opposed to myself who enjoys being a bit mad, but must suffer for my art! :( :lol3:
Yes let us know what you think of it, and what if anything you would improve, when you have had more time to play. :thumbup2:

berley
23-02-2009, 12:14 PM
dont know if iam being a bit mad here or not :roflmao:
Regards Gazer

yep you are and you've got more money than sense :roflmao:

send the new one to me, i'll take tlc of it :p

Gazer
23-02-2009, 10:57 PM
one thing i found out today is that the 3g iphone will pair up with my bmw x5 which the 2g would not and i have read in other forums of guys having to get there software on there cars upgraded at a cost of around ?500 Hmmm makes you wounder....anyway thats made me happy that it works in the car. :phone:

Diablo13
24-02-2009, 02:54 AM
Great idea in theory,
but your phones clock will keep going wrong and your credit won't last long either.....
because everyone knows BMW's are always fast! :p :roflmao: