PDA

View Full Version : baxi bermuda advice

ianskill33
08-02-2009, 10:27 AM
hi,we have a baxi bermuda 552 back bolier and want to update the fire. as we have found out,we have little options for a new front.what the misses wants is an inset fire which cant be fitted. i have looked into this more for the cheapest option and have come accross another back boiler(used) model 50/4. this is for the inset type fire. my question is,can i fit this as its used,or is there rules in place to stop me(building regs) also,does anyone here know if the pipework will be the same,i.e would the fittings be in the same place as the 552 back bolier for ease of fitting? cheers

Collider
08-02-2009, 12:09 PM
I would have nowhere to start mate sorry but i do have some info about grants,dont know if this will help you or your eligible ;)

Grants (http://www.baxi.co.uk/information/grants.htm)

dx100-uk
08-02-2009, 12:23 PM
certain building regs will apply [part p]
it would have to be corgi done [or inspected]

dx

ianskill33
09-02-2009, 12:08 PM
well,i spoke to a good friend who works for british gas.he said he was willing to put a different back boiler in,but technically is against the law. he said he wouldnt do it if it was him in case it breaks down and costing more in the long run due to trying to get parts.i cant fit an electric fire due to heat and air flow for back boiler. looks like its going to be a condensing boiler early spring. things you got to do for the sake of a modern looking inset fire,lol.

Sicilian
09-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Have you checked with Baxi direct? On some back boilers they done converision kits to take inset fire places. Might we worth a try.