PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney and Wife Separate

Gazer
18-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Former Beatle Paul McCartney (http://music.msn.com/artist/?artist=38168440) and his second wife, Heather Mills McCartney, said Wednesday that they are separating after nearly four years of marriage, blaming intrusion from the media and insisting their split is amicable.Rumors of a rift between Mills McCartney and the singer's children — especially Stella McCartney — have circulated for years. Talk centered around the idea that Mills McCartney — who is nearly half his age — wanted to devote more time to campaigning against land mines and fur.
"Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways," a statement from the couple said. "Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much."
McCartney, 63, and Mills, 38, married in June 2002, four years after his former wife, Linda McCartney, died of breast cancer. McCartney and Mills had a daughter, Beatrice, in October 2003.
"Separation for any couple is difficult enough, but to have to go through this so publicly, especially with a small daughter, is immensely stressful," it added. "We hope, for the sake of our baby daughter, that we will be given some space and time to get through this difficult period."
McCartney's wealth was estimated at $1.5 billion by the Sunday Times in their annual list of Britain's richest people. The couple are believed not to have a prenuptial agreement.
Speculation immediately arose about the size of a possible settlement, with lawyers estimating Mills McCartney's share of the former Beatle's fortune at between $188 million and $376 million.
On Wednesday afternoon, McCartney posted a message on his personal Web site, saying he was very upset over suggestions that Mills McCartney had married him for his money.
"It's been suggested that she married me for the money and there is not an ounce of truth in this," he said in the post.
"She is a very generous person who spends most of her time trying to help others in greater need than herself. All the work she does is unpaid, so these stories are ridiculous and completely unfounded. I'm very sad to see that some insensitive people would choose a moment like this to spread these vicious rumors."

Shock
18-05-2006, 06:42 PM
sad news read that she's not entitiled to share all his money he made from when he was with the beatles or any other royalties he earned from em.

the only one who will benefit moneywise is there daughter

The jokes are allready flying round about the split

Spamjavelin
18-05-2006, 07:27 PM
apparently if she tried to get £400 million from him in court she wouldnt have a leg to stand on

Shock
18-05-2006, 08:18 PM
apparently if she tried to get £400 million from him in court she wouldnt have a leg to stand on

:rolleyes:

Spamjavelin
18-05-2006, 08:41 PM
she has asked if, as part of the divorce settlement she can keep the plane that paul gave her. apparently without it she cant shave her leg;)

Loco
19-05-2006, 03:29 AM
didn't they get a prenuptial

hibsbollah
20-05-2006, 09:07 AM

That’s one mistake he'll regret for the rest of his life now sit back at watch how she takes him to the cleaners.

wingco
20-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Yesterday, all their troubles seemed so far away.>:D<

Shipoftheline
22-05-2006, 09:35 AM
£50 million at best I reckon but maybe £200 million if Paul trys to fight for custody. Should be interesting eitherway I think we all know how fair the courts are in this country

little_pob
22-05-2006, 01:50 PM

Apparently she asked for one, Paul said no (what you make of that is up to you).

However, prenup's are not [yet] legally recognised in the UK divorce courts anyway.

blues n twos
22-05-2006, 02:01 PM
fecking tossers both of them

Shipoftheline
22-05-2006, 02:03 PM
fecking tossers both of them
Paul seems a nice guy but apperantly he was warned about her and the temper tantrums. The courts in this country will nail him well and trully

universall
10-08-2006, 08:33 PM
i seen this comming a mile away. when they have that much of an age difference its might not last for a life time.

tigersbay
14-08-2006, 04:35 PM
she sounds like a gold digger

aceburner01
15-08-2006, 03:29 PM
she sounds like a gold digger

yeah dead right there !!

fair enough to make yourself Financially comfortable in life but she is going to extracting the urine..

macdaddy
19-08-2006, 12:16 AM
all he should have to pay is maintenance for their child. i dont know about 50 grand a month should cover it.

GINGERNUT
27-08-2006, 07:55 PM
With All His Dough U Would Think He Could Pick Anybody But He Picks A Burd Wa One Leg For The Life Of Me A Cany Work That One Out But A Suppose He Got The Leg Over Which One Is Enybodys

SPORTSVCD
28-08-2006, 12:24 AM
she posed naked a few weeks ago.

good gawd

titch12
28-08-2006, 12:23 PM
i reckon hell get the courts on his side , by usng " tired of her comig home everynight Legless"

Shipoftheline
28-08-2006, 12:33 PM
i reckon hell get the courts on his side , by usng " tired of her comig home everynight Legless"

The only time a divorce seems equal these days is when the guy has nothing to begin with unless he ends up being forced to pay alimony.

And they wonder why more and more men don't want to get married its like the black widow story