PDA

View Full Version : What are my options with a Sky digital digital dish?

jahhus
30-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Hi

I have for a few years been on the freesat service by Sky, and was wondering what are my options in to the respect in jus replacin the Set top box, what boxes will work on the frequency that sky runs on as standard, and what channels are up for grabs, lol.

I dont wish to be tinkering with the dish or lnb as those are way up in the sky,lol. Motorised dish is outta the question.

Any forthcoming box suggestions are most welcome!!!

:)

Sicilian
30-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Well the only channels that you'ed be able to get are the fta ones.

Depends on what you want exactelly, u just want a new freesat box or you looking to do something else?

DessertDog
30-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Your sky dish if its the oval one can be used with a humax HD receiver or none HD receiver it depends on what you really want.Have a look in the freesat section it may help you.

jahhus
04-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Yes it is an oval one, and was hoping to be able to get a bit more than the basic FTA stuff, in that instance is my best chance investing in this humax reciever?

Would it be a straight foward case of just Switching the box over?

Thanks

krazylegz
04-02-2009, 07:26 PM
you will only get the FTA channels on 28.2e as that is sly uks satellite and the premium channels are encrypted with ND$ which arent hacked.

any decent satellite reciever will work on the same frequencys that sly uses.

if you buy a freesat box look here to see what channels you can receive

Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2C/2D at 28.2?E - LyngSat (http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html)

jahhus
05-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Thanks for that link Krazylegs.

So basically i would more or less get the same as what i am currently get with the sky freesat.

Might as well stick with the Sly box, and whats with the Sly name thingy and not the proper name?

Krazylegs, how do i get my logo as yours and as clear as well?

Thanks

krazylegz
05-02-2009, 10:06 AM
just always call them sly m8 coz i dont like them ha ha.

you mean your broadband speed test picture??

if so after you've done it and it gives you the link go into usercp and add the link to your signature or send me the link and i'll do it for you m8

jahhus
06-02-2009, 04:13 AM
just always call them sly m8 coz i dont like them ha ha.

you mean your broadband speed test picture??

if so after you've done it and it gives you the link go into usercp and add the link to your signature or send me the link and i'll do it for you m8

That seems to have done the trick!!

Merci Beaucoup!:)